Phantom Regiment 2014

I agree with "taking a 2010 approach." But not because the source material in 2010 wasn't what most consider "classical."

To me, 2010 represented great and fresh source material, arranged well, and the theme wasn't forced. The source material could be 200 years old, and it could still meet that description.

Totally agree

I agree with "taking a 2010 approach." But not because the source material in 2010 wasn't what most consider "classical."

To me, 2010 represented great and fresh source material, arranged well, and the theme wasn't forced. The source material could be 200 years old, and it could still meet that description.

It's also one of the reasons why the old guard turned against JD. It wasn't "Regiment."

IIs too bad you dont know what you are talking about. Take your biasis or grips too the Farrels if you have a problem with them. People on this post say things that they dont know the true story. It is not a gestapo as you seem too think. Be brave and travel with the corps and see what it is really like. I know exactly what happened with JD and Paul and as always their are two sides too the story.

The real story? The one where the whole brass staff threatened to leave after 2010 because JD's brass approach "ruined" all the work they'd done and he was subsequently moved to arranger only. Funny how the leader of the revolt left after last year and is now with another IL based corps. I guess when riding on coattails one can get a bit cocky.

Paul left, in part, because of the fights with the visual staff. That problem finally retired.

Edited by chaos001

The real story? The one where the whole brass staff threatened to leave after 2010 because JD's brass approach "ruined" all the work they'd done and he was subsequently moved to arranger only. Funny how the leader of the revolt left after last year and is now with another IL based corps. I guess when riding on coattails one can get a bit cocky.

Paul left, in part, because of the fights with the visual staff. That problem finally retired

Neither confirming or denying. I declare a truce. It seems you picked chaos as your name to ruffle feathers and to stir up controversy. Very cagey. I said I was loyal and I dont tell tales out of school. My curiosity is really up as to who you really are. You have the ability to really ruffle my feathers.

Edited by grammie12

Staff was stable until 2009 JD left, paul R. left, Emmerts have retired, Jamie came back after a hiatus, guard has been same until caption head left from the past few years, Adam left several years ago. Techs went with their mentors who left. Happens to all corps.

interestingly the year a certain person took total control

cj69oMR.gif

I love this thread :P

Kinda wonder how they would do if they did a show with some John Adams/Philip Glass type of music. Mish mash of 2003/2007.

sure would love to see them try it!!!!!!!!

Paul left, in part, because of the fights with the visual staff. That problem finally retired.

You are a complete troll
  • Like 1

And yes, I would love to see them do more John Adams. Perhaps a piece written for them?

Is that really what happened? I love that show to death, and if that were true then it breaks my heart.