Phantom Regiment 2014

Staff changes have been many in the last 6 or 7 years. Maybe the problem is whomever is making the changes and their choices for new staff.

Staff was stable until 2009 JD left, paul R. left, Emmerts have retired, Jamie came back after a hiatus, guard has been same until caption head left from the past few years, Adam left several years ago. Techs went with their mentors who left. Happens to all corps.

I'd like if next years show upped the ante in terms of the challenge of the music and the visuals, as I feel like our show has now been holding back the kids marching in the corp. I think it would also be good to instead have the show based around a theme within the music, like a composer, or a series of pieces, or a regional style, instead of being based around a story.

Like Faust

Really ? You sure? Because this is exactly what happened. The kids and former/current staff will tell you the same thing.

Its too bad you dont know the whole story and it is really none of your business. I get upset when people state facts when they diont know the whole story. I dont care what kids or staff told you I know what really happened. My feathers are a little ruffled. I have been with PR for 35 years in many capacities and have seen the good and the bad. Yes I am biased, but I do know the problems that have existed and were solved even thru hard times.

I am loyal, but not blind to what needs to change and made my opinions known.

Edited by grammie12
  • Like 1

Staff was stable until 2009 JD left, paul R. left, Emmerts have retired, Jamie came back after a hiatus, guard has been same until caption head left from the past few years, Adam left several years ago. Techs went with their mentors who left. Happens to all corps.

Maybe he should've said 3 or 4.

It doesn't happen to all corps. Most of the main Cadets and Crown staff have been together for a while. BD's have been together since the last ice age.

Its too bad you dont know the whole story and it is really none of your business. I get upset when people state facts when they diont know the whole story. I dont care what kids or staff told you I know what really happened.

Then enlighten me and the rest of us. As a member of the board of directors I'm sure you know plenty.

So some of my story is true then?

Edited by chaos001

Then enlighten me and the rest of us. As a member of the board of directors I'm sure you know plenty.

You dont even know my name and are making assumptions. As I said it is none of your business as it would be the same with any corps.

You dont even know my name and are making assumptions. As I said it is none of your business as it would be the same with any corps.

I don't think "it is none of your business" is the appropriate response. If the organization feels that way, I can withhold my donations.

cj69oMR.gif

I love this thread :P

Kinda wonder how they would do if they did a show with some John Adams/Philip Glass type of music. Mish mash of 2003/2007.

Edited by gabe211

Agreed I find this show getting stuck in my head a few times too. I'd like to see Phantom take a 2010 approach again though. Original music that may or may not be considered completely classical in the sense that it wasn't made by a 200 year old man (exaggeration) that is used in a show that is designed to challenge the corps and pull the audience in with emotion.

I agree with "taking a 2010 approach." But not because the source material in 2010 wasn't what most consider "classical."

To me, 2010 represented great and fresh source material, arranged well, and the theme wasn't forced. The source material could be 200 years old, and it could still meet that description.

I don't think "it is none of your business" is the appropriate response. If the organization feels that way, I can withhold my donations.

Its the way I feel as I was not speaking for PR in any capacity. Just defending it. Their have been plenty of posts that are inappropriate on this thread.

• Like 2