Phantom Regiment 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom at DCI La Crosse. This is a great show people. As for why it isn't scoring better, maybe consider their competition? It's a tough group to succeed against.

I've been off the FN grid for a couple weeks, so things may have changed substantially, but there's no reason why Phantom Regiment couldn't have designed an overall product to overtake what the Cavies are fielding this year. This is said with all due respect to the Cavaliers, as they still aren't back to the form they were in just a few years ago.

My theory for a while is that Phantom Regiment, on average, is a fifth place corps with occasional peaks and valleys. I would prefer that those valleys be due to stiff competition or talent issues, not design and instruction. (for all I know, it may be some combination of all the above, though I think at worst PR should've been able to finish sixth this year)

• Like 2

Not feeling the wedge or the chevron this year

They do need to re-do, take out the change tunnels, real GE killer. Hope they changed it but one horn was shorter than the other so one changing tunnel always looked really crooked. Feel they need to make most; maybe all their changes now and clean, clean, clean as that’s where the points are left in this show. They are marching with a lot more confidence as the season has progressed.

It’s time to give the show to the members and let them own, finish it

Being a native of the north Texas area, I prefer not to discus football lately. Or baseball, for that matter. Especially baseball.

What is this place called Texas?

Is it near Cleveland?

More important, is Taco Bell available there?

What is this place called Texas?

Is it near Cleveland?

More important, is Taco Bell available there?

It's the home of Dr. Pepper and Neiman Marcus. The son of one of the co-founders of the latter has a high school named after him which, I believe, also happens to have a Regiment alumnus on staff.

It's the home of Dr. Pepper and Neiman Marcus. The son of one of the co-founders of the latter has a high school named after him which, I believe, also happens to have a Regiment alumnus on staff.

I've actually been to Dallas and Houston. I really enjoyed working with some clients there - they were very friendly.

One thing I'll never forget, going to an Olive Garden on the outskirts of Dallas and being asked to show my county drinking card. I said "What is that? - I'm from Canada." and then the waitress said never mind.

That and eating "crawdad salad."

Not feeling the wedge or the chevron this year

They do need to re-do, take out the change tunnels, real GE killer. Hope they changed it but one horn was shorter than the other so one changing tunnel always looked really crooked. Feel they need to make most; maybe all their changes now and clean, clean, clean as that’s where the points are left in this show. They are marching with a lot more confidence as the season has progressed.

It’s time to give the show to the members and let them own, finish it

I loved when they added the chevron in their 2006 show - as it was an important anniversary for them. I also liked it in their 2010 show but it was built into it from the beginning.

However, this year I don't think they need to add the chevron or the wedge.

• Like 2