RIP Bill Toomey

Bill Toomey, known to many of you as the director of the Westshoremen alumni passed away last night. Over the years Bill was involved with the Westshoremen, Reilly Raiders, Archie, York White Roses, and Sky. He is survived by his sons Shawn, who marched Westshore, and Patrick who marched with Bucs, Cadets and Cadets2.

When I know arrangements I will post them.

Uncle Billy, thank you for so many great memories and life lessons, even the ones Mom didn't want you to teach me

• Like 3

Oh my God.... thank you Jeff for letting us know.... Will have to tell Kris when I get home as we talked to him the last couple of DCAs we were at...

Sorry to hear this... definitely one of the "good" guys

I forgot to mention that Bill is the son of Legend Barney Toomey ( RIP) who spent many years with Reilly and Westshore. Billy, you're now with Barney and Grace.

Ah geez you're kidding me... (yes I know you're not kidding)...

Billy was the DM of Archie when we put it back on the Alumni and Competitive fields before Reilly made their comeback. After that he was a natural there.

With his dad and (I believe) his godfather Wild Bill Hooten he had all the background and inspiration in the world.

Like so many of the old crowd from back then I've lost track of Billy but as Tom states, he was one of the good ones.

He brought so much energy to his conducting that if you told me back then that I would outlive him I woulndn't have taken the bet.

So sad... hard to find words.

Edited by rayfallon

Think in Nancis DC History blog there is a pic of Bill as DM of York White Roses when they were a Jr corps.

Shocked by this news.

Saw Bill over the summer and he was in great spirits.... looking forward to suiting up with the Reilly Raiders as a DM for the upcoming year.

A good man. May he rest in peace.

Wow, Billy couldn't have been anymore than his early 60's. So sorry to hear this. I marched with his dad, Barney in Reilly in '65. I was 18 & Billy was just a kid then. When ever I saw Bill, it was like seeing an old long lost friend again. We reminisced about the "old days" in Rachacha a few years back. RIP Bill!