Countdown to WILDWOOD!

DCi fans are not neccesarily DCA fans though. And would casual fans want to show up for finals prices? So I ask again, for the local shows run down there for DCA, what's the attendance?

I'm ok with it moving, especially from Rochester. I've been there more than enough times in my life. But can Atlanta draw the number of bodies to replace those that will not travel? Remember, the corps get paid on what DCA makes at finals. Losing money is not an option.

You prove my point Jeff. Atlanta, nor any other site, can supply a venue for the price that DCA can get Rochester. Thus, no venue can offer the potential financial gain that Rochester can. Like I said earlier, I don't see Championships moving far from Rochester for any length of time.

Dan

It may not be the greatest geographical area, but I hope someone involved with the Red Bulls or the stadium in Philly would put in a bid. Plenty of hotels, lots of things to do, easy access to international airports.

I can see Red Bull stadium from the office, but I have no idea whether it is turf or natural grass (how bad is that??). I think having championships that close to NYC would be a great thing for fans in that they have more to do than they would have time to do as far as tourist-type things. I also KNOW that the people who complained about how much Annapolis hotels costs would be the same ones up in arms over hotels here. The other problem I could foresee is warm-up areas for the corps around Red Bull. Being able to show my co-workers what it is I talk about during the summer though would be very nice.

You prove my point Jeff. Atlanta, nor any other site, can supply a venue for the price that DCA can get Rochester. Thus, no venue can offer the potential financial gain that Rochester can. Like I said earlier, I don't see Championships moving far from Rochester for any length of time.

Dan

and you still do not answer my question.

what do the shows down there draw?

and before anyone thinks I'm anti moving it...I questioned rochester too.

With no hometown corps anymore, and is there even going to be a regular season show in the area...relaying solely on locals could be an issue. yes, they get a great stadium deal, and hotel prices aren't that bad ( thoough honestly, when I researched Annapolis, prices were IMO not all that different for the chain I prefer to use...but I decided it was just cheaper to drive both days)

The 50th helps this year...it's next year I'm worried about. Now, if I were signle, or we had no little, one yeah I'd probably go, but really, I'd be less interested than ever...just as people up there don't like Annapolis.

Philly area, you ned a turf field, and like the NYC/NJ/Ct metro area, you're looking at much higher costs for spectators.

I'm thinking there's got to be somewhere it would be good...but evidence is needed it would work. Just saying it on DCP isn't enough., and just because a town is a DCI hotbed means nothing for DCA.

The countdown to Wildwood.

I can taste that boardwalk food already!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

and you still do not answer my question.

what do the shows down there draw?

Sorry Jeff, didn't realize you were that drawn to that particular point. I don't have exact numbers from our show last year, but with six corps in attendance (4 A Class and 2 Open Class) the home side of the stadium was very nearly full. I know that is not an exact number but that is all I can come up with at this point.

Dan

The DCI show in Buffalo seems to draw a good crowd and some top DCI corps, and there are no DCI corps there. As far as Roc Dansville is just down the road. I think that the show goes out to bid every two years, have some of these great venues put in a bid, it's still all about the money. I think the same amount of people attend finals wherever they are, it's all about what it costs the DCA people to put it on and how much profit they make. The used to cover the workers at I & E with tickets to prelims, that ended due to money, I don't see them moving any farther south than MD unless there is a big profit in it.

While I'm sure that DCA gets a really nice deal using Rochester as the host stadium, how much money will they really make when people stop showing up because of boredom. Rochester isn't Indianapolis where there is a lot more to do for DCI fans, and even some of them have stopped going to finals.

While I'm sure that DCA gets a really nice deal using Rochester as the host stadium, how much money will they really make when people stop showing up because of boredom. Rochester isn't Indianapolis where there is a lot more to do for DCI fans, and even some of them have stopped going to finals.

I know people who when it's in Rochester that won't go. But I know people that when it was in Annapolis, they didn't go. location and distance DO play a part.