The Cadets - 2014

Plus get some more use out of that stage...

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. There has been quite an investment in the stage, and it's easy to see it's being underutilized. It's still better than towers aplenty though.

• Like 1

This I kinda agree with. I believe Cadets could use more "baby-throwing" moments in their show, but let's not lose faith in Cadets just because they lost their first show of the year.

Correct. We're all experienced enough to see the loss was coming. The show is incomplete, and it needs some high octane. We shall see...

Correct. We're all experienced enough to see the loss was coming. The show is incomplete, and it needs some high octane. We shall see...

Agreed. I honestly don't think anyone is unbeatable this season. It will come down to performance and panel on any given night.

Edited by theCHEZman

the more I watch the Cadets run from Wednesday night on that video hosting site - the more I don't think the 1 point gap is a big deal

Cadets marched 4 holes - which normally isn't THAT bad - but one hole was the inside tenor and the snare line marching/feet was all over the place

The other super key hole was a mello hole who is the soloist on French Horn. So cue the french horn solo - all eyes focused ont the stage: CRICKETS

I honestly don't think it was a great run. The horns sounded solid and guard looked pretty good but other wise it was just mehhh...

the more I watch the Cadets run from Wednesday night on that video hosting site - the more I don't think the 1 point gap is a big deal

Cadets marched 4 holes - which normally isn't THAT bad - but one hole was the inside tenor and the snare line marching/feet was all over the place

The other super key hole was a mello hole who is the soloist on French Horn. So cue the french horn solo - all eyes focused ont the stage: CRICKETS

I honestly don't think it was a great run. The horns sounded solid and guard looked pretty good but other wise it was just mehhh...

It's funny. BD honks said they had a bad run and that's why Bloo took captions. Then Cadets honks lose by a point and *they* had a "bad run". Not judging anyone here -- it's just a crazy season with everyone assuming *their* corps has the edge. DeKalb is gonna be nuts!

It's funny. BD honks said they had a bad run and that's why Bloo took captions. Then Cadets honks lose by a point and *they* had a "bad run". Not judging anyone here -- it's just a crazy season with everyone assuming *their* corps has the edge. DeKalb is gonna be nuts!

I don't think Cadets have the edge and I'm actually rooting for Coats to win this year. Cadets have probably my 4th or 5th favorite show

I was adding context since everyone was "freaking out" over the gap. I'm sorry but they were missing some very key pieces the other night - not an excuse, just reality.

• Like 1

also I tend to agree that BD didn't have a great run Tuesday night - some real issues in very visible spots that night - so I guess I'm a BD honk too lol!!

I don't think Cadets have the edge and I'm actually rooting for Coats to win this year. Cadets have probably my 4th or 5th favorite show

I was adding context since everyone was "freaking out" over the gap. I'm sorry but they were missing some very key pieces the other night - not an excuse, just reality.

Like I said -- no judgement involved. Just an observation.

Well I watched the video and I think Cadets had a bad run. They had numerous holes and like George Dixon said, feet was all over the place. The good thing is they extended that chord at the end of "Burlesque (is it?)" and the guard has a bigger toss.

With that said, I think Cadets has an edge, and I stand by it 100%.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Like I said -- no judgement involved. Just an observation.

ok cool. not trying to be defensive - I'll PM you the link. Cadets had some issues and the no french horn solo moment was a little sad...