Prayer Request for Krista F (from JimF)

Been thinking of you guys too Pat, must a a lotta of prayers crossing the flight path between PA and MN. Oh yeah... the cable at this place has the station that shows the Flyers... BIG plus..... :laugh:

Been a week at sub-acute care (aka Nursing Home type) and getting stronger after some stomach problems dealing with real food. Working on trying to do 2 hours a days therapy. When she hits 3 hours consistently then can go to acute care (aka Rehab Center). At least that's the hope and not that she hits her limit before then.

As posted on Westshoremens FB page...

• Kris got to play Bingo and watch a movie with the other patients at Spring Creek. First social type event in a month for her and she enjoyed the Bingo. Doing better with therapy and planning to work on getting her on her feet this week. The lady uses a walker normally so figure she has to use every muscle from the neck down to stand and walk (arms, shoulders, back, stomach, legs). Still improving and getting stronger which is a nice huge surprise from where she was a few weeks back

Edit: Man I married a tough ###ed little lady. Must be that 1/4 Sicilian blood from her grandmother. That was one old lady NOT to PO..... :shutup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: waiting for a room at a acute (twice a day) therapy place.... Great news is Kris was up walking a few steps yesterday with a walker. First walking since first half of February. Thanks for prayers and thoughts folks...

• Like 5

Jim found out she's on the prayer list at church ( Trinity Lutheran), so I'll be sure to keep her name on it

Jeff, we're members at Trinity and have to give them credit for sending one of the ministers over about every week or so. Made the right choice when we went from my old east shore side church.

You're a member too???

Edit: Maybe another week before acute (more therapy) place. The acute place checked the therapy records and want Kris' stamina to be better.

*sigh* And had to put our (8 days shy of 14 yrs old) Bichon Friese to sleep this morning. At least I had the dog in to see Kris the last two weekends. Kris got to be with her and see how frail the dog was getting. At least it wasn't much of a surprise to Kris.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Jeff, we're members at Trinity and have to give them credit for sending one of the ministers over about every week or so. Made the right choice when we went from my old east shore side church.

You're a member too???

Edit: Maybe another week before acute (more therapy) place. The acute place checked the therapy records and want Kris' stamina to be better.

*sigh* And had to put our (8 days shy of 14 yrs old) Bichon Friese to sleep this morning. At least I had the dog in to see Kris the last two weekends. Kris got to be with her and see how frail the dog was getting. At least it wasn't much of a surprise to Kris.

we just joined. we do the 11 traditional service. when Christine's dad retired in Carlisle, we sought a new church, and we loved trinity the first visit.

we just joined. we do the 11 traditional service. when Christine's dad retired in Carlisle, we sought a new church, and we loved trinity the first visit.

Cool we joined around 2001!!! Before things went to crap we did Saturday night or Thursday in the Chapel. Sitting on cushions and slightly shorter service is a lot easier to handle with physical problems. Will have to look for your pics back near the library.

Wait until Kris hears this.... :colgate:

Cool we joined around 2001!!! Before things went to crap we did Saturday night or Thursday in the Chapel. Sitting on cushions and slightly shorter service is a lot easier to handle with physical problems. Will have to look for your pics back near the library.

Wait until Kris hears this.... :colgate:

well the pix should be up soon, our first "official" day was the 6th