Prayer Request for Krista F (from JimF)

:ninja:

Minnesota contingent getting on the prayer beads, brother.

Keep us posted!

Pat

oh Jim, lots of prayers headed your way

THANK YOU ALL!!! So far it's small steps but steps none the less.

Update is the excess pressure has gone done and that appears to be helping. Kris is a lot calmer than the other night and was responding to commands (wiggle toes) and acting like she recognized the voices but was still semi-conscious. Talked to ICU nurse this morning and the neurologist thinks Kris was having seizures due to increased pressure and that might (repeat might) cause part of the problems with non-response. So upped the meds and nurse said she appears to be a bit better with responding but still not conscious/awake.

STILL looking for an infection as waiting for blood and other cultures. If 100% sure there is no infection then the drainage tube can be replaced. That should be better than the tube sticking out the top of her head.

Newer Update: No infection found....and infection or virus had been the suspected cause of this since January. Plan to put in new shunt/drain Monday afternoon. Talked to neurologist and he said this might have been building up for months or a year which might explain some things. And if the pressure slowly built up then it usually goes down slowly so hurry up and wait.

Thanks again....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

ditto everyone else... me too

Prayers coming your way Jim!

Glad to hear the prognosis is better, Jim. I'll be thinking of you and Kris when I play tomorrow. I need something to inspire me, or Fran will have a bad day listening to me honk in his ear.

Don't be afraid to spread the news either W. Your fellow firsts Dave F and Mike (I think) have met Kris. Paul G and Tree are the non-DCPers and non FBers who have met her. Just posted in WSM FB.

Just got back and she is more alert but not talking yet. Was watching me and then started acting like "I don't like this crap, get me out". When the nurses were in her room they were walking and talking. Kris eyes were following them so even if she doesn't know what is going on, at least she is aware something is going on.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Don't be afraid to spread the news either W. Your fellow firsts Dave F and Mike (I think) have met Kris. Paul G and Tree are the non-DCPers and non FBers who have met her. Just posted in WSM FB.

Just got back and she is more alert but not talking yet. Was watching me and then started acting like "I don't like this crap, get me out". When the nurses were in her room they were walking and talking. Kris eyes were following them so even if she doesn't know what is going on, at least she is aware something is going on.

I'll get the word out Jim. I'll make sure Larry and Bill know and the Baris. I figure that will get the news out.

And yeah, I should have went to bed. I've been trying to reconstruct the quartet at the beginning of Love for Sale, and it's pretty intricate. I can understand Bartok and Stravinsky really well, but the jazz chords in there are really crazy and deep. I found a lead sheet for the original piece, transposed it to G, laid it out, broke down the chords, but I'm still not entirely on course. Frank certainly gets it and swims in that soup, but man... it's saying something that I got Bartok more figured out than Frank. :worthy:

Hopefully Mike, Dave, Mark and Bill can help or at least mock me. :biggrin:

Placing shunt this afternoon and should help reduce more fluid pressure. Last night she was responsive and could answer with "Yuh" and "Nuh" and few others that we couldn't tell. So getting better but no one wants to say for sure how much better she will get. What goes on after the operation might be a big indication.

Thanks again....