The Blue Knights 2014 Official Show Announcement

I attended the BK preview performance show last night. Because of weather concerns, they decided to forgo their field show and to only play their music in the gym. I was disappointed in not being able to see their new uniforms and drill, but that disappointment was swept away by their musical performance.

I have only two words to describe their show: POWERFUL! Emotional...

I came away thinking they've made very good choices with their music. Hand of Fate was my favorite -- that was a very good arrangement.

• Like 2

Actually, I love everything I hear. I have yet to hear Blue Stars rendition of To Build a Home, but I believe BK have arranged it true to the original without drum-corpsizing too much and giving the piece more excitement and emotion than the original calls for.

I seem to be one of the few(?) who liked last year a lot, but I don't see how this one won't be a crowd pleaser. Based on what I've heard (BAC, Crown, little bit of Cadets, Phantom, and most of BD), it's maybe my favorite show this year.

• Like 2

Are they going with a smaller line, this year? Looks like 7, 4, and 5.

The music is fantastic!

They had a temporarily absent bass drummer. And I think they were missing a snare drummer as well, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

True Chuck.... They were waiting for some of their Cali folk... School gets out so late there