DCPI Season 22 Discussion

No events today, as corps make some final tweaks and adjustments to get ready for tomorrow's regionals.

It's Regional Day! Well, the first of two regional days as corps gear up for the regional championships. Per the previously announced schedule, both today's and tomorrow's events are Sweepstakes events, so corps that got off to a slow start in the Sweepstakes standings will have a golden opportunity to make up significant ground.

Starting off with our largest venue, the Southern regionals will be contested at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville TN. As one of the 10 largest stadiums in the US, the grandeur of this venue, as well as the beauty of the surrounding Smoky Mountain region, make this an undeniably great place for a championship show of this caliber.

KnoxvilleTNNeylandStadium102000_zps7e2f0

In the Midwest, the Fastener Group of corps (Bolts, Stud Bolts and Screws) have the honor of welcoming contending corps to their Big House- Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, where it will be a great day for drum corps, no matter what the actual weather is like.

AnnArbor3_zps1c38090d.jpg

East coast corps will travel to Lane Stadium in Blacksburg VA, the furthest south an eastern regional has ever been hosted.

BlacksburgVALaneStadium60000_zpsd206ff03

Finally, Western corps travel to the heart of the Central Valley to compete at Bulldog Stadium in Fresno CA. This venue was considered as a venue for last season's championships, but gets the honor of hosting the western regional instead this year.

FresnoCABulldogStadium50000_zpsea87ee13.

Question. What is the daily cutoff for caption changes to make it into that night's performance. I think it use to be 5PM Central time. Is that still correct? So if I wanted to put in some caption changes today for tonight's regional kickoff.

To clarify, 4 PM CST is the cutoff for submitting caption changes for them to take effect in that day's show.

Thoroughbreds are looking to break 80 tonight! We are bringing it to the Midwest along with the Colonels!

Well McLovin, don't think that Thoroughbreds will have it easy in the Midwest. Abracadabra Academy is sitting right behind you in points and have on a couple different occasions surprised everyone with 1st place finishes.

Ivory Brigade is hoping to get back in the Sweepstakes race as well. But they will have Buckeye Brass and The Stud Bolts to contend with. They are going into the show with a slight lead, but anything can happen.

Kaiju Corps is just trying for improvement. They have the youngest members and the most inconsistent. Bouncing from the top of the boards to the bottom and back again. Now sitting on the edge of the top 12 so hopefully we can get them more consistent.

Scores for the first round are up. Congrats to our prelims winners- but now the real competition begins! :devil:

Because there's only one region that has an extremely large number of corps and the others have somewhat smaller lineups in comparison, it doesn't make much sense to only do eliminations in one region but not the others. So, EVERYBODY will be able to compete at tomorrow night's regional finals! That should definitely make for an interesting finals round.

Because I'm traveling this weekend, there may be a slight delay in scores being posted. It'll also depend, of course, on when the scores come in from all of tomorrow's DCI events. But at the very latest, everything should be posted late Sunday morning.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, scores from the regional finals will be delayed. My laptop that contains all of our tabulation software died over the weekend and I will have to rebuild this year's scoresheets from scratch. :sad:

This will take me some time to sort out but I hopefully will be able to post the scores by the end of the day. Look for an announcement both here and on the DCPI Facebook page to indicate when the scores are up. I appreciate your patience as I try to get this resolved. I do not expect that this will affect the remainder of the season as I do have a backup of what I need to tally everything saved on my older laptop- it just needs to be updated for this season.

In the meantime, I have added the next caption point increase for all divisions on schedule, and today is also the "caption reset day", meaning that directors will be able to make unlimited caption changes to implement major re-writes of their programs if they need to do so. This period will run until 12 PM CST tomorrow, at which point the system will go back to being able to do a maximum of 3 caption changes per week. Remember that the system will count any changes you make today as part of that week-long period, so please plan accordingly.

The results for the regional championships have been posted. Congrats to our new regional champs! The top 3 corps in each division have been posted below, but you'll need to check out the DCPI page for full scores and recaps (including 1 championship decided by a margin of just 0.01!)

East region:

World Class`: The Knights, The Patriots, Pride of Salem

Open Class: Les Blanc Chevaliers, Storm Troopers, Spirit of Indy

Class A: Hoosier Regiment, River City Express, Cape Cod Regiment

Midwest region:

World Class`: Ivory Brigade, Buckeye Brass, The Stud Bolts

Open Class: Abracadabra Academy, Buckeye Brass B, Scarlet Regiment

Class A: Kaiju Corps, Lowell Lancers, Buckeye Brass C

South region:

World Class`: Star of Jupiter, Eruption, Knights of Power

Open Class: Knights of Sound, Blue Ridge, Euphony Vanguard

Class A: Euphony Cadets, Knights of Note, Swannanoa Silverstars