Bridgeport Predictions

1. Cabs 83.20

2. Fusion 78.90

3. Bush 75.45

4. Hurcs 73.25

5. Sky 68.90

I'm expecting low scores for Bush, Sky, and Hurcs being this is their first time out. I think Cabs will make a big jump this week (heard they didn't do well in Bayonne so I think they'll be pushing hard to make up ground) and I think Fusion will make steady progress climbing up and cleaning.

• Like 1

I think your being a little to kind with you scores it should look more like this

Cabs ----------79.80

Fusion--------78,60

Bush ----------71.90

Hurcs ---------70.30

Sky-------------64.30

In keeping with DCA's salute to their 50th Anniversary, here's the scores from the 64 Barnum:

Saturday July 4, 1964

Bridgeport CT The Barnum Festival

STADIUM: Hedges Stadium

Position Corps Score

1 New York Skyliners 81.030

2 Connecticut Hurricanes 80.160

3 Yankee Rebels 77.533

4 Interstatesmen 72.333

5 Archer-Epler Musketeers 70.773

:-)

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 3

whoever scores highest wins

Dude, you continue not to understand the Northeast, and the circuit as an entity.

Much more accurate would be, "whoever leaves with the trophy won"

And that's only since Sky stopped being around to fight people for the trophy after the show.

In keeping with DCA's salute to their 50th Anniversary, here's the scores from the 64 Barnum:

Saturday July 4, 1964

Bridgeport CT The Barnum Festival

STADIUM: Hedges Stadium

Position Corps Score

1 New York Skyliners 81.030

2 Connecticut Hurricanes 80.160

3 Yankee Rebels 77.533

4 Interstatesmen 72.333

5 Archer-Epler Musketeers 70.773

Andy, is Hedges Stadium the old name for what is now Kennedy Stadium, or a different venue?

>>Andy, is Hedges Stadium the old name for what is now Kennedy Stadium, or a different venue?<<

Totally different ... Hedges Stadium was located on the East Side of Bpt as part of Harding HS ... 64 was the last year the Barnum was held there (it also hosted the 64 WO) and then gave way to the new "massive" (well at least at the time) Kennedy Stadium (in the North End) in 65 (which also hosted the 65 WO and the 66 and 67 DCA Championship) ... the football field at Hedges is still there but, long gone are the wooden stands that used to surround the field (replaced by a running track) ... it was a wonderful nostalgic field perfect for drum corps as the first row of seats was just feet from the sideline ...

DCA FAN85 don't know why you deleted your comments here ? nothing you said got me or anyone else ruffled up here ..

Ray great coments on Jeff Ream ,but Sky was a very threating corps in there day --DAYS LOL

Edited by Florida Sun

>>Andy, is Hedges Stadium the old name for what is now Kennedy Stadium, or a different venue?<<

Totally different ... Hedges Stadium was located on the East Side of Bpt as part of Harding HS ... 64 was the last year the Barnum was held there (it also hosted the 64 WO) and then gave way to the new "massive" (well at least at the time) Kennedy Stadium (in the North End) in 65 (which also hosted the 65 WO and the 66 and 67 DCA Championship) ... the football field at Hedges is still there but, long gone are the wooden stands that used to surround the field (replaced by a running track) ... it was a wonderful nostalgic field perfect for drum corps as the first row of seats was just feet from the sideline ...

Thanks!!!! Nice piece of history there.