Name change contest!

Think about this...My first year marching drum corps, 1974, there were more drum corps in the state of Illinois, than there are now in DCI world class...& there were more than 400 drum corps in the USA. The worst thing that DCI ever did was destroying all of the local drum corps circuits, & that will continue to contribute to the negative growth of this once great activity. Drum corp must return to a more local level, recruiting local members. Drum corps needs to be a community activity in my opinion. Regionalize the activity to minimize lengthy travel & control costs.

Maybe, just maybe, it was the corps going away that pushed DCI to a national touring model. I'm sure they'd love to stick to a more regional model (akin to what happens earlier season), but getting butts in seats is hard with low amounts of expendable income in the middle class and a lack of headlining corps at shows. Drum corps will never get to a pee wee football level of local activity - the general interest simply does not exist. That means you have to put shows in major metros within driving distance of large crowds of people that are interested. It's just the nature of the beast.

You should see how hard it is to fill holes in a top 12 drum corps even during the camp season - double the drum corps is not the solution.

Yea, OK, you caught my fat thumbs.

Fixed that.

Just funnin'.