50th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Which was my point of mentioning that number. I wonder if there is a trend with this judge to make such controversial statements? And is he usually only favorable to one particular corps? Who REALLY would pop an 18.2 in mid July with two corps left to perform? Unless he knew he never intended to fairly view the last two corps.

the trend with this judge is to celebrate if you get the top box in September LOL

I always struggle with the whole "it's politics" thing.

I'd like to think that the judging community, regardless of circuit, is filled with people of integrity...people who will not consider anything beyond the show of the day. Is that realistic? I don't know. I do think the "it's politics" argument gets bandied around a lot more than it probably should, and usually only by members/staff/fans of a corps that didn't do well, for whatever reason. Do I think some corps get the benefit of the doubt sometimes? Yes, I do. I think it happened at Wildwood, at least by a couple of judges. Is it right? No.

If DCA does find politically motivated judges, I'd like to think they'd be sent packing post haste.

This reminds me of a story from a critique a few band seasons ago (Jeff and I were on the same panel that night). A band director comes into the critique and starts laying into me and another music judge.

Irate director: "You guys must really hate me. You slammed us, and it's all politics!"

Me: "Who are you again?"

oh yes, that was classic.

still uses that approach every week now too.

Reference to Don's comment about separation from being a corps staff or member, I think now it's at least 2 years away from a DCA corps involvement. Been that way I think since at least the '90's.

I can't really think of anyone offhand on a DCA panel of late who's really been working with anyone within the past 5 years let alone 2, though.

looking at recaps this year, you can judge, but you can't judge a corps you were affiliated with until a full calendar year of separation has occurred.

look for names you know on recaps circuit wide W, you'll see my point

And of course, leave it up to the Cab homers...who after having their heads handed to them for the better part of a decade, FINALLY hand the Bucs their first regular season loss since 2005, and all the homers can do is ##### about how Cabs got hosed in percussion. It's politics I tell you!!

I was wondering when you were going to chime in.

You should apologize to MBI for 2011 before you go any further. :tongue:

• Like 5

I was wondering when you were going to chime in.

You should apologize to MBI for 2011 before you go any further. :tongue:

I should apologize to MBI and absolutely beg forgiveness from Empire, or Edge....or whatever they are calling themselves. But seriously Cab fans...give yourselves some time to celebrate and enjoy. And leave judging complaints to those corps who lost.

Edited by VOReason

I should apologize to MBI and absolutely beg forgiveness from Empire, or Edge....or whatever they are calling themselves. But seriously Cab fans...give yourselves some time to celebrate and enjoy. And leave judging complaints to those corps who lost.

I've looked, but I'm still not seeing where Cabs honks are complaining about anything. Would mind terribly referencing the posts in question?

• Like 4

I've looked, but I'm still not seeing where Cabs honks are complaining about anything. Would mind terribly referencing the posts in question?

Cab honk= anyone not praising VOR's team

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 5

Uh.....no....

561x588xmuppet-commentary.jpg.pagespeed.

My bad ... too much blurred vision from retirement ... that and some fine Cabernet ...

Carry on ...

:-)

• Like 3

Who's his team again?

VOR is pro Bucs, and over the years anti anyone that gets close