Forgot the link. :doh: Wish they'd turn down the bass A LOT, only complaint there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWnmGDv_jrU

Also, how do you embed the videos on here? Cannot figure that out for the life of me.

WOW. That is quite the ending. I am really lovin' this show! One of my favorites in quite a while! I get the same chills I got from Phantom 2010.

Forgot the link. :doh: Wish they'd turn down the bass A LOT, only complaint there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWnmGDv_jrU

Also, how do you embed the videos on here? Cannot figure that out for the life of me.

The closer seems uncertain in spots, and could use some cleaning, but, dang, it already sounds effective. I'm liking the visual design, especially how they play with unwinding the box. The arrangement kind of gives me a feel similar to a popular closer the Crossmen used some years back. (Now or Never, I think?)

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.200

2 Blue Knights 78.800

3 Crossmen 72.900

4 Oregon Crusaders 68.000

5 Cascades 58.000

Open Class

1 Columbians 55.400

2 Eruption

Edited by Zeke

Crossmen - Warmed up to the show a bit more upon 2nd viewing. Still feel strongly about a few things, though. Visually, the drill is too compact and the field is not covered well until the last set. The music is way too choppy - too many thoughts crammed into one show, without letting most of them breathe long enough. The faux ending with the 40th anniversary sign is a great touch, though. Performance-wise, this is a stronger corps than last year.

Blue Knights - I'm not sure they had their best run tonight. Either that or the show doesn't project and sell as well to the upper deck. I found BK flatter and less interesting than my first 2 viewings. I also thought they had a less clean run - musically and visually. Well, except for the guard, which was very strong.

SCV - Getting better, more rapidly, to me than anyone else. Love the show, love the effects, and while the last 60 seconds still aren't the highlight of the show it needs to be musically, the drill is getting it closer. Don't think they have the execution levels musically to win, but they are not locked out of top 3. They have a vehicle that can take them higher. Regardless, my favorite show of the year. Odd how many 4th and 5th place shows over the years have been my favorites that particular year...

Oregon Crusaders - Let me say I loved their 2013 show. While this time was my first read of their 2014 show, I was hoping for something more. I found the show to reliant on the worst of modern programming, with uses of electronics, etc that were not that effective (to my tastes). While this show is obviously more difficult than last year's show, I think last year's design was far more effective, with more continunity. The whole cross to cross move near the end only stood, to me, as a stark contrast to the masterpiece that Star of Indiana pulled off 22 years ago. A talented crew, nonetheless, and a very welcome additoin to World Class

Edited by How_Will_It_End?
  • Like 2

Yeah GET IT BK!

Sad day that OC's score went down. I heard that their Viola had an A string issue... Not sure if it got resolved in time for the performance. Not having that Viola I would imagine would hurt their GE a lot