Number of Postings Here

I think the lack of posts has to be because of the ever popular twitter and Facebook that we all love. Younger people are able to have their opinions read through social media and not feel attacked or afraid to do it. Just my opinion

This seems very plausible. There are places aplenty for drum corps fan to talk about current stuff: alumni boards, FB groups (many hidden and by invitation-only), Twitter, FB & other social media. With the myriad of differing opinions on DCP, with many posters at times being confrontational and aggressive (myself included), it's a lot more chill to chat with only those who mostly agree with your opinions. DCP at times resembles RAMD towards the end of its hey day (not awful, but lots of argumentative, dead-horse-beating junk), and I think a lot of people more lurk here than participate while having found other ways to chat with people about the activity

Rule #1: DCP veteran posters are always right.

Rule #2: If DCP veteran posters are wrong please refer to rule #1.

no.

Rule #1 is blame George Hopkins

Rule #2 is if it isn't done the way I did it, it sucks

• Like 1

There's another reason few people post anymore, particularly in the review forums. If you say anything about a corps that isn't sunshine & lollipops, people get all up set, and take things personally. Granted, it's not as bad in the DCI review forum as it is in the DCA section, but it happens.

yes. I still do reviews, but it seems lately i havent offended enough. I haven't received a threatening email since 2009

The people that are opposed to the conventional instruments of Marching Band now being used now in DCI left long before trombones, sousaphones, were approved this offseason. Thus, you'll notice there is little to no controversy on the use of Marching Band instruments on DCP as most of those former Drum Corps fans piled into their cars and trucks and rode off into the sunset and left DCP and DCI a long, long time ago.

you're right.

they are on the DCp facebook page...and i tend to avoid that place

I totally agree! you could get targeted by certain people and your count qwould always go down when they were online. It became a titt-for-tat petty war. The only reason I even came back here is because BD forums closed.

Yea Off topic forums was bad which is why I still never post on there.

the rating system sucked. i should have had a negative count

yes. I still do reviews, but it seems lately i havent offended enough. I haven't received a threatening email since 2009

The last one I got was in 2011, from a corps administrator telling me how terrible I was for criticizing their design in a review. Turns out that not only was I right, but that the judging community was telling them the same thing all summer. Honestly, it wasn't a stretch to figure out the problem, and most people did.

Plot twist: Said corps called me the following off-season about a staff position, and when I reminded them that I was the one that wrote the review they took issue with, they told me to F off :)

I still laugh hysterically about that, and the review is there if you want to search for it.

Edit: initially got the year wrong, it was 2011 not 2012

Edited by Kamarag

I have a great Meme with that exact place.... I just don't know how to post it? How the hell do I post a picture?

I have a great Meme with that exact place.... I just don't know how to post it? How the hell do I post a picture?

you don't. DCP doesn't have the resources to host media:-/ so you can only post images by uploading them somewhere else first.

post it on imgur.com really lovely drag and drop interface.

after you upload it, IMGUR gives you a nice BBCode shortcut you can copy/paste right into a DCP message.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1