DCI not on Itunes? WHY!?

As mentioned by others:

1) $$$ - why share profits with iTunes/Apple if you can sell product on your own website and make all the profits? DCI is already set up to sell audio on demand on Fan Network, it makes no sense for them to expand and lose profit. DCI fans can go to DCI's website to download the audio they want just as easy as they can go to iTunes.

2) licensing - ANY time you change a contract, it complicates things. In this case distribution and potential profit would change for DCI, which would likely cause a re-neogitation with publishers and rights holders; in this case, it is likely DCI would have to pay MORE to obtain applicable rights, and it's also possible this deal would apply not just to iTunes but also to Fan Network. I don't think this is something DCI needs to put on their plate at this time.

3) Why bother?! - if the argument is "people will discover DCI, buy stuff exclusively on iTunes instead of FN, and DCI will gain more customers," I don't believe that. I think it's more likely DCI fans would buy product on iTunes because of how easy it would perceivably be, DCI would _LOSE_ money (with Apple taking a significant cut of the profit AND with renegotiations that would likely lead to higher rights costs), and financially it wouldn't be worth it for DCI.

DCI has FN, and it doesn't seem logical to move away from that model at this time

I had no idea the downloads were available through the FN. Ive been looking all over dci.org for them and couldn't find anything. You would think there would be something on DCI to at least point you to the right direction.

• Like 1

anyone bought the APD's this summer??? Is it worth the extra for lossless audio or just get the other version?

Who still uses iTunes? :shutup:

Millions of people use iTunes, especially for music. For music purchases, nothing even comes close.

Who still purchases music??? :ninja:

• Like 1