Drums of Summer - Tulsa for Broken Arrow OK

Wow..... That's an awesome picture..... I don't remember which corps had this but someone snapped an ensemble Pic with a very distant tornado in the background

Since Blue Knights did not compete against corps of similar ability until recently, I haven't given much thought to Blue Knights this season, but they caught me by surprise when they beat Madison. Blue Stars have also surprised me a bit too, but they are not competing tonight. In my predictions of the season, I had Blue Knights placing about 10th behind Madison and BAC. I might be willing to place them at 8th, but not in the top seven. So this is my round about way of saying that I do not see them overtaking Phantom. I'd also place Troopers over Spirit, not necessarily seeing Spirit out of finals, but based on what seems to be happening with Spirit this season, this seems likely. As far as Troopers losing momentum, last year everyone loved Troopers, then they were a crowd pleaser but not a potential finalist, then they had their surge. I think they're on pretty solid ground for the 12th place spot. They're not a shoe-in: Crossmen have potential and Spirit could rebound.

All this makes San Antonio look very exciting. That will be anyone's guess. I'm also looking forward to seeing the results of the Round Rock show tomorrow night. The battle in that show is for 2nd: BAC, Blue Stars, or Madison.

Edited by Tim K

I'm not ready to say BK passes them tonight but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them top Phantom. Either way you're right there are numerous captions that are true toss ups between the two. I really think they'll battle each other for the rest of the summer. My guess is BK takes GE barely. Phantom takes Vis, but loses guard. Phantom takes brass, BK takes Perc and music analysis is the key caption....

Ill say

1) Cadets 89.05

2) Phantom 83.55

3) BK 83.2

4) Troop 77.7

5) Spirit 76.35

6) Pac Crest 72.3

7) Academy- 71.7

8) Mandarins- 70.0

9) Jersey Surf- 67.2

10) Cascades-63.35

I think PR rebounds a little bit and hits 84, with BK coming in around 82.8.

• Like 2

I'm not ready to say BK passes them tonight but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them top Phantom. Either way you're right there are numerous captions that are true toss ups between the two. I really think they'll battle each other for the rest of the summer. My guess is BK takes GE barely. Phantom takes Vis, but loses guard. Phantom takes brass, BK takes Perc and music analysis is the key caption....

Ill say

1) Cadets 89.05

2) Phantom 83.55

3) BK 83.2

4) Troop 77.7

5) Spirit 76.35

6) Pac Crest 72.3

7) Academy- 71.7

8) Mandarins- 70.0

9) Jersey Surf- 67.2

10) Cascades-63.35

Would love to see Cadets break 90 :tounge2:

• Like 1

Beat me to the show thread.... HUGE matchup tonight as Phantom and BK go head to head for the first time. Both in similar scoring range should be a lot of fun. Also as Crossmen and Colts have surged Troop has been very stagnant. Hoping they get a big number today that puts them back in the 12 spot hunt. Spirit also could be sleeper for Troop lets see where they are in comparison. Cadets above 89 tonight? Great show at great city for the marching arts

I'm up early...I was gonna post at 6am but got busy lol

• Like 1

My question is what do they have to rebound from..... 83 has been where they're scoring... They dropped to 81.8 this past week but then rebounded to 83.15 at the latest TOC. I think Phantom likely has a young corps and BK could very well give them a run for their money. This isn't a diss towards Phantom, but BK is performing like a very deep and mature group this year. Phantoms show hasn't been to their usual standards, BKs has a fantastic show that they are selling. It comes down to performance captions. Phantom might come out ahead by a small margin tonight and it could be the difference. I think Phantom comes out on top tonight but barely

Ok so what I am seeing this afternoon is the first batch of rain is nearly over if not over moving thru the Tulsa area now. Round 2 is approaching from the NW and looks to be a bit heavier. The good news is the back edge hopefully will clear the stadium area just before the show or shortly after barring any further southward development of the MCS. Possibly leading to a weather delay, but i think this show goes down. that's the latest, sorry can't be any better news.

Ok so what I am seeing this afternoon is the first batch of rain is nearly over if not over moving thru the Tulsa area now. Round 2 is approaching from the NW and looks to be a bit heavier. The good news is the back edge hopefully will clear the stadium area just before the show or shortly after barring any further southward development of the MCS. Possibly leading to a weather delay, but i think this show goes down. that's the latest, sorry can't be any better news.

Thank you for the update

• Like 1