DCI in the Heartland - Mustang OK

Before internet. Hard for people of the 2000s era to comprehend but we didn't have smart phones or computers on tour.... Our entertainment was tapes/CDs coloring books etc.... Pay phones/collect calls/phone cards- that was technology

CDs and phone card...pffft, what luxuries. We had it rough...the hornline were the Hunters, and the color guard were the Gatherers; if we were lucky, our bus would hit a deer if the drumline pushing it aimed it right, which meant we ate good that night...if we wanted to read, we had to cut down trees and make our own paper pulp...drawing was accomplished using charcoal wood and a flagpole....modern communication consisted of a Realistic TRC-427 CB Radio and two cans attached with a length of string...we didn't need showers because that's what sprinklers in public parks were for, and laundry got done faster when we wore six sets of clothes and ran around in them....if we ran out of food, the alternates had to draw straws....discipline was level-thigh high mark time for 10 minutes measured using a sundial made from a pole shoved in the ground...there were no time zones, as everything was Drum Corps Standard Time..."Dots" were a magic candy in a yellow box in a display case at the moving pictures theater that played movies which had sound...."dressing forms" meant using our eyes to learn and clean drill...

• Like 3

CDs and phone card...pffft, what luxuries. We had it rough...the hornline were the Hunters, and the color guard were the Gatherers; if we were lucky, our bus would hit a deer if the drumline pushing it aimed it right, which meant we ate good that night...if we wanted to read, we had to cut down trees and make our own paper pulp...drawing was accomplished using charcoal wood and a flagpole....modern communication consisted of a Realistic TRC-427 CB Radio and two cans attached with a length of string...we didn't need showers because that's what sprinklers in public parks were for, and laundry got done faster when we wore six sets of clothes and ran around in them....if we ran out of food, the alternates had to draw straws....discipline was level-thigh high mark time for 10 minutes measured using a sundial made from a pole shoved in the ground...there were no time zones, as everything was Drum Corps Standard Time..."Dots" were a magic candy in a yellow box in a display case at the moving pictures theater that played movies which had sound...."dressing forms" meant using our eyes to learn and clean drill...

This is gold, my friend. Well done.

:cool:

So Coats took drums, Crown took brass and Cadets took everything else and were close #2 in both brass & drums

The drum thing seems to flip-flop nightly. Someone is going to have to step up and "own it"

Cadets really pulling ahead in visual & a solid gap in GE as well

Academy guard with a very nice score and placement - great to see from them!

I still do not understand the new GE sheets I guess

gZUjtih.jpg

RnpyOTW.jpgRIxDUKG.jpg

and the Cadets drum major was kind enough to take a picture with the wife...even as DM retreat was calling

djHwYfN.jpg

sorry I didn't take very many pictures...I get way too enthralled at drum corps events.

• Like 2

Cue Cadets fans jinxing of their corps in 3 2 1

All we can do is hope!

I don't get it....

He's saying you might be jinxing the cadets with your ostentatious statements.

I don't know if I'm just crazy but Crossmen's bass drum heads looked more like wheel spokes and less like the inside of an orange. not sure if this change happened recently or I'm just crazy