DCI in the Heartland - Mustang OK

I'm sure he and the other Cadets fans didn't mean to upset you. Goodnight!!

Ostentatious is a pretty big word. Might want to look it up in the dictionary before using it.

Read through any of the over 6000 posts 2000Cadet has submitted. As a former member of the Cadets he is honest and polite with his views on any corps especially his own.

os·ten·ta·tious

adjective

characterized by vulgar or pretentious display; designed to impress or attract

synonyms: showy, pretentious, conspicuous, flamboyant, gaudy, brash, vulgar, loud, extravagant, fancy, ornate, overelaborate;

This seems like a description of the show that the Academy has put out this year. Love it. Edited by the lone ranger

Ostentatious is a pretty big word. Might want to look it up in the dictionary before using it.

os·ten·ta·tious
adjective
characterized by vulgar or pretentious display; designed to impress or attract
synonyms: showy, pretentious, conspicuous, flamboyant, gaudy, brash, vulgar, loud, extravagant, fancy, ornate, overelaborate;

How can I interpret a statement such as "I haven't made any ostentatious statements" as anything other than an ostentatious statement? 

For crying out loud, 2000Cadet is practically LORDING his unpretentiousness over those of us who have the misfortune of being less unpretentious!

Oh, and since you like dictionaries so much, here is a definition of something you might want to get a sense of:

hu·mor [hyoo-mer]

noun

1. comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.
Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

Oh, and since you like dictionaries so much, here is a definition of something you might want to get a sense of:

hu·mor [hyoo-mer]

noun

1. comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.

Or something you might want to learn how to practice.

Or something you might want to learn how to practice.

I'm sorry I failed you, Yogi. I was really just trying to defuse the toxicity and defend someone who obviously meant no harm and did not deserve to be insulted or attacked. :sad:

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1

I don't know if I'm just crazy but Crossmen's bass drum heads looked more like wheel spokes and less like the inside of an orange. not sure if this change happened recently or I'm just crazy

No, they didn't change, that's what they've been all along. I guess it just takes some people longer than others to make the connection to the show theme. They also have a set that's half a wheel in the end of the ballad.

His statements were pretty loud, but ok sir.

If by "loud" you mean "unapologetic for having the courage to stand behind Cadets when many people on this thread make it seem as if it's a sin to do so", then yeah go ahead and call me "loud". Don't like it? Don't read my posts, and don't respond to them.

It seems to me that percussion judges have lost all credibility this season. I'm exaggerating, of course... but the way the numbers, placements and spreads have been changing night to night is bizarre... just no other word for it.

I understand this sentiment, but think of it this way:

1. This is what we wanted with judging. judges who are willing to call it like they see it from night to night.

2. We must understand that no matter how good these corps are, student performers are not perfect (and neither are the professionals), and they can often make the same or different mistakes on a nightly basis. Performances can be inconsistent, even this late in the game.

3. When you are competing against 5 very capable percussion sections on some evenings (namely Cadets, BD, Bluecoats, SCV, Cavaliers, and even Crown has really stepped up) it is possible to go from 1st to 4th or 2nd to 5th on a nightly basis. That should be a welcome thing unless you have one line that is completely dominating. Even last year no corps really dominated the entire season. The Cadets pulled away late and snagged the trophy, but I'd say Bluecoats could easily do that this year.

Just my 2 cents on judging and caption placements. I like that judges are calling it how they see it, and that's why we are seeing lots of movement. I will say this: by this point of the summer we are more likely to see things stabilize, with the most consistent performers having the best chance to jump into the top 3.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 4

It seems to me that percussion judges have lost all credibility this season. I'm exaggerating, of course... but the way the numbers, placements and spreads have been changing night to night is bizarre... just no other word for it.

Competitive percussion season, you'll see fluctuations. It comes to performance level now.