Since Ohio State's band is frequently discussed here...

Thinking back to the illegal stuff I did in college and it was done to myself (underaged beer drinking and......'ere'....)'. IOW all self inflicted and only other people bothered were ones irritated by my stupidity. Now first question did anyone complain about the sexually based talk/actions/whatever to the people in charge and was it ignored. If so, then the persons who ignored can also be charge with sexual harassment, And if anything physical was involved after the person being groped/etc says no, well that's physical assault folks. And my annual training says NOTHING about "that's what they do at college". And blaming it on the culture doesn't hold up in court.

Nothing like working for Dept of Defense, when the service people do stupid things, the civilians have to take the same training to stop it.

'ere... Old joke of three phrases heard most in the 60s as "Right On", "Far Out" and (imitate passing a joint ''ere'.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I knew that things like this happened in drum corps, but I didn't know to what extent. I talked to a friend who is involved with a top 8 drum corps. What happens there is FAR worse than anything in this report, which really worries me. Drum corps have stability issues as is. If one person felt uncomfortable and reported it, we could have a big problem.

Hopefully corps directors see this as an opportunity to resolve some issues with extracurricular activities.