Strongest Top 5s Ever?

That is absolutely a valid point. But suppose Blue Knights get the highest-ever eighth-place* score this year: will you emphasize your point here to anyone who praises them for that reason?

(*I picked that placement for my hypothetical example not because I necessarily want Phantom to retake the seven spot from BK, but because I think it's likelier that there would be a new eighth-place record than a new seventh-place record.)

Good question but while a fun topic it's impossible to prove.... I likely would praise what I feel is the best BK and BK show but not the best in that position by any corps. Good thought...

I for one, am glad they weren't, for obvious reasons.

That was one competitive year in your grouping.

Not sure if this is the best top 5 ever but it's definitely up there. Getting 5th this year is definitely nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Getting 5th has never been anything to be ashamed of. Winning means very little in this activity.

Good question but while a fun topic it's impossible to prove.... I likely would praise what I feel is the best BK and BK show but not the best in that position by any corps. Good thought...

So what is the best 7th place corps year ever?