Most Heart-Wrenching Moments

After spending a few hours listening to 2010 Phantom, 2014 BK, and the "Ave Maria" section of 2006 Phantom and marveling at the sheer emotion displayed in these shows, I'm curious to know what shows others loved or thought were great because of their emotional impact. It can be anything from chills to tears to anything in between. If you're up for it, I invite you to share the show/reactions/memories/stories. It can be from any era of drum corps.

SCV 1989 closer

2010 PR

2014 BK

Half the ballads this year. Such a #### good year for ballads.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Anyone who has ever heard their age-out season wrapped up with Brandt Crocker's voice saying, "And in 2nd place..."

• Like 7

Boston Crusaders 2013, i never thought lean on me could be played that way it was just such a jaw droppingly beautiful experience live.

• Like 1

Madison's Brian's song, Ice Castles, way we were

Danny Boy

Christ being nailed to the cross in AR's JCS ( now THAT was a moment )

Let it be me 80

Jeff Kevit ( sp ? ) playing "bulls" under the stands between announcement of 2nd and 1st place scores

SCV If you believe

But the biggest gut wrenching moment was in McGill stadium when you got your 1st splinter

• Like 1

2012 was the first year I really watched and listened to drum corps.

Bluecoats' show, Unmasqued...the ballad, Flume, with the voice-overs of the members. That brought a tear or three to my eye.

Omg. Completely forgot that one. One of my favorite ballads, ever.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment ballad 1993! With two great shows stealing all the limelight of 93, Phantoms Fire of Eternal Glory (Shostakovich: Novorossisk Chimes) was the single biggest moment of the season (my opinion here so yes it can be stated that way)!

I get chills every time I watch it, listen to it, think about it... Just one of those moments that everyone should experience!

My homerism, bias and sheer fandom will gladly stand behind this years Blue Knights (though I always do)! This show gives me chills that cause me to tense up. Flippin EPIC BK! FEBK

Edited by Robb_D
  • Like 3