Allentown . . . DAY ONE!

That's two totally different ways of generating effect though. BD use both (the closer is a great example) as do almost every other corps. It all depends on what the situation calls for though and obviously people will react differently to both methods. But they will react which means effect was created :)

Not only that (which is spot-on), why would you want all the corps doing mostly super-fast drill most of the time? It would be more boring than it already is. I'll take seamless integration of a wider variety of skills over a one-trick pony every single time.

No way PR beats BK...order had a great deal to do with scores tonight...

PR was cleaner tonight. Simple as that

• Like 1

So Visual Analysis had Phantom 9 tenths over BK and everyone beneath them. Hmmm. I'm a Phantom Phan, but find this odd.

• Like 1

What the *#*! was Robert Solomon watching tonight. ..Blue Stars guard had phasing issues all over the place.....3rd???? Really??????

Lol I find it funny that people think BD drill is easy. While they may not be running all over the place (all though they are booking it at times), the simultaneous demand is off the charts. Maybe people just think it's easy because they make their entire show look so effortless but it's anything but that.

One problem with arguments about "simultaneous demand" is that people rarely give specifics. If someone could give us some examples showing how BD's simultaneous demand is greater than Cadets' or Bluecoats', and an argument that such a greater demand outweighs what Cadets or Bloo is offering in terms of drill, it would be most helpful.

• Like 2

That's two totally different ways of generating effect though. BD use both (the closer is a great example) as do almost every other corps. It all depends on what the situation calls for though and obviously people will react differently to both methods. But they will react which means effect was created :)

Yup. That's part of the argument that I don't buy. Not all effect is equal, and not all effect works the same in different size venues; say a basketball field versus a football field, or a theater stage. 8)

Breaking up a football field into a smaller stage doesn't completely work either to fix the problem, but that's all not germane to this thread.

One problem with arguments about "simultaneous demand" is that people rarely give specifics. If someone could give us some examples showing how BD's simultaneous demand is greater than Cadets' or Bluecoats', and an argument that such a greater demand outweighs what Cadets or Bloo is offering in terms of drill, it would be most helpful.

While it's not going to answer all your questions, it may give you insight into what Devils do specifically...check out the multiple GoPro video they posted a week ago.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSYMvsiRC4

Edited by Kamarag

Recap shows that BD had a 96.825 ... NOT a 96.775 as posted and reported by the announcer.

Thanks. I've edited my post to indicate that.

• Like 1

Yup. That's part of the argument that I don't buy. Not all effect is equal, and not all effect works the same in different size venues; say a basketball field versus a football field, or a theater stage. 8)

Breaking up a football field into a smaller stage doesn't completely work either to fix the problem, but that's all not germane to this thread.

It can for smaller corps/bands when you close the field off with props. it doesn't always work, but it certainly can. But yea, not all effect is equal...absolutely true.