8/2/14 Avon Lake Shoreman Brass Classic

We're now in the ballad of the show. More ocean sound effects from the pit as we transition out Nice playing from the front ensemble.

Five guard members are spending a lot of time on rifle. I hope they can recruit more members in 2015 and add some color and size to the group.

I'm side 2 on about the 42 yard line in the top section where the individual seats are. Not really a bad seat in the house!

Look for the guy furiously typing on a turquoise laptop. It almost matches Surge's color scheme. :D

Very strong performance, Surge! You've laid the foundation on the field for your organization.

Coastal Surge in action:

20140802_191304.jpg

Next on the field is Les Stentors from Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. Their 2014 program is entitled "Magical Illusion" and consists of:

Now You See Me, Now You Don't from Now You See Me by Tyler, Brian

Looks like the guard picked up the leftover fishnet stockings Blue Devils didn't buy...

On a more serious note, the guard is dressed as magician's assistants. There's a folded black tarp on the field and a red box with curtain on the sideline. We'll see what tricks the corps has up their collective sleeves soon.

The corps starts in pairs on the field with the guard under the tarp, appearing as the tarp is pulled to the front corner of Side 2. Low brass opens the music with an ominous melody, hinting at the mysteries about to be revealed.

Nice groove from the percussion on the field. Snares on brushes, basses giving a nice back beat.

Corps is now grooving.

Only 9 horns so not a lot of power, but they do have a warm blended sound.

Pit gets to do a little samba break. Horns and percussion now trading musical moments.