FN Prelims

Quick question about the Big Loud & Live FN broadcast...

Is this live feed ONLY in the theaters?... or is the FN making this available for home streaming? The FN webpage is very ambiguous about some things... this is one of them.

It would make sense that DCI would want to push people to the theater (if they have a deal with Fathom Events). But at the same time, the event is listed on FN. What's the point in that if it isn't available?... is it?

Sorry if this has been answered or discussed, but I couldn't find any threads on the topic.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that FN streams up until the theater event begins. Semi-finals are streamed start to finish (at least that's what historically has been done).

Edit: On second reading of the FN page, I still seem to remember prelims being streamed up until the theater started, but I've now second guessed myself, so I have no idea.

Edited by sabrefan62

The way I read that schedule listing on FanNetwork is this, Subscribers can watch Prelims up until the last 15 corps. To see the top 15 corps, you will need to go to the theater.

It is a little open to other interpretation, I agree.

Edited by Fred Windish

I believe that FN streams up until the theater event begins. Semi-finals are streamed start to finish (at least that's what historically has been done).

That's what they've done the last two years, and what appears to be the plan for this year. There's a long intermission between the last corps on the FN feed and the first corps in the theater.

" To see the top 15 corps, you will need to go to the theater."- only if you live in the USA!!!

It's ironic that one thing FN does is make DCI available to the many thousands of fans outside of the USA. We don't have the luxury of watching the last 15 at a theatre!!

Edited by DCI-86

Dangnabbit! I just realized my kid's new school year orientation is this Thursday at 4 pm. Will probably last an hour, and will take us about an hour to get to the nearest theater broadcasting BLL11 (starts at 530 CDT here). It wouldn't be a huge deal, except I was really hoping to see Colts' show on the big screen. Perhaps we can duck out from orientation early, to make their 5:57 pm step off time.

" To see the top 15 corps, you will need to go to the theater."- only if you live in the USA!!!

It's ironic that one thing FN does is make DCI available to the many thousands of fans outside of the USA. We don't have the luxury of watching the last 15 at a theatre!!

I wonder if using a proxy would fix that....

I wonder if using a proxy would fix that....

But they still can't get to the theaters to watch it... they watch the webcast, but as soon as the theater event starts, they have nothing

Edited by THEdevilYOUknow