FN Prelims

But they still can't get to the theaters to watch it...

My comment was based on the speculation that you can watch all the corps on fan network only if you don't live in the United States. I was just wondering if using a proxy to make it seem like you're not located in the US would let you watch all the corps on FN.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" To see the top 15 corps, you will need to go to the theater."- only if you live in the USA!!!

It's ironic that one thing FN does is make DCI available to the many thousands of fans outside of the USA. We don't have the luxury of watching the last 15 at a theatre!!

Here's what happened last year

- Prelims Open Class & #22-#16 were available for free, no FN membership required

- Prelims #15-#1 were shown in the movie theater

- Semis #25-#1 were available with all FN subscriptions

- Finals #12-#1 were available PPV through http://dcifinals.com, and the next day for some FN subscriptions

I think it's the same plan for this year

Here's what happened last year

- Prelims Open Class & #22-#16 were available for free, no FN membership required

- Prelims #15-#1 were shown in the movie theater

- Semis #25-#1 were available with allo FN subscriptions

- Finals #12-#1 were available PPV through http://dcifinals.com, and the next day for some FN subscriptions

I think it's the same plan for this year

I hope so. I am not a subscriber but look forward to seeing some open class corps that I haven't seen yet.

Bearer of bad news here...

FN isn't geographically restricted. It's not a proxy that's needed. Unfortunately, the web team will close up shop after #16. It makes sense; don't compete with your other product. On the plus side, Friday is just a day aaaa----way. Tomorrow, tomorrow....

For theater broadcast, this is (maybe) the schedule. I copied these times from a comment on the Big, Loud and Live website. I cannot vouch for accuracy. Times are Eastern:

6:40 Spirit of Atlanta

6:57 Colts

7:14 Troopers

7:31 Crossmen

7:48 Madison Scouts

8:05 Blue Stars

8:22 Boston Crusaders

17-min. intermission

8:58 Phantom Regiment

9:13 Blue Knights

9:30 The Cavaliers

9:47 Carolina Crown

10:04 Santa Clara Vanguard

10:21 Bluecoats

10:38 The Cadets

10:55 Blue Devils

Last score announced at 11:15

I wonder if using a proxy would fix that....

Most likely if the product is location restricted, but if they turn it off, then it's off.

Edited by jjeffeory

Guys, the Fan Network broadcast tomorrow is open for EVERYONE, not just subscribers.

08/07/2014 World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN
Performances of the top 15 corps will be shown in cinemas nationwide that evening:DCI.org/cinema $0.00

It clearly shows $0.00, while listing $29.95 below it for Semifinals. It's basically a teaser to get you to go to the theater event for the Top 15. So, enjoy ALL of Open Class and the early World class corps for Free tomorrow. I think that's a great deal from DCI, especially considering it will be produced by Tom Blair.

Just FYI, so you guys know.

Edited by IMcomguy

Guys, the Fan Network broadcast tomorrow is open for EVERYONE, not just subscribers.

08/07/2014 World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN

So, enjoy ALL of Open Class and the early World class corps for Free tomorrow. I think that's a great deal from DCI, especially considering it will be produced by Tom Blair.

Just FYI, so you guys know.

Thanks for the heads-up!