Songs I would like to see th Crossmen do

I think On Day One by Pat Metheny would be a killer opener or closer for the Crossmen to attempt next year. It's something new, challenging, interesting and could potentially propel them back to top 8 next year.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/profile/Pat+Metheny+Unity+Group/26481899

There are other tunes on that album that would round out the show, but I would love to hear this song put on the field by them. I know Michael Klesch has other obligations but I wouldn't mind if they had him arrange it.

• Like 2

That's a real nice one. Wouldn't mind seeing the Xmen play that at all, especially knowing that they've played Metheny's music in the past.

Metheny portrait from '98 is on my all-time top 10. Or 12 if you prefer. First Circle has become somewhat of a high school marching band staple in the years since.

• Like 1

Music by Tangerine Dream.
Music by Yes

...and Sting

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Bones needs to groove. I could care less what the title is, make it groovy, make it music that makes you feel alive inside when you hear it, let it have deep harmonic structure, and you have essence d' Bones.

Usually, when they do something like that, notice how a lot of people pick those shows in the recent 'top 10 favorite shows' thread. More than coincidence. Put it in the bank.

I picked '91 Crossmen as one of all time top 10 faves. No coincidence Pat Metheny's been brought up a few times on this thread, is it?

I've always wondered how the Crossmen would take on a piece like Birdland. That seems like a good fit :) LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Repeating what I said in another thread, I'd love to hear anyone play stuff by Bear McCreary and that includes the Crossmen.

2. Besides that, there's a song by Chapman Stick player Steve Adelson called Tone Eleven that really grooves like Bones do well:

http://mp3bear.com/tone-eleven-steve-adelson-the-new-sticktet

Chuck always wanted to arrange Tank! and Bad Dog No Biscuits...but apparently Yoko Kanno is very particular about her work being used outside of her control. Shame though I'd like to see more of her work on the field. (Although Blue Stars and a handful of DCA corps somehow played Tank.)