Blue Devils End of Season Thank You Video

Yes, seeing the credits at the end....with all those staff members. (Medical staff included.)

Although BD has always had some medical staff or access to it, last year they added additional physical therapy staff to the tour to assist in warm ups and tune ups due to the excessive amount of demand from the drill, mitigating potential injuries and lost MM's if left untreated. That's why I'm always amused at the lack of demand comments we hear from the DCP cabal. They had been experiencing an inordinate amount of MM down time recovering from aches and pains last year and this effort has turned that around big time. All part of their philosophy ...MM's first! And yes, other corps have the same philosophy.....and have very difficult drill as well.

Smart, effective, and well executed? Absolutely, no question about it! Physically demanding? No.

There are plenty of Rookouts in past BD corps over the years ....from every top corps imaginable. Talk to a couple and ask them that question, they are your best judges of physically demanding and how BD stacks up to other corps. If something is labored it could be the function of drill design (including individual movement design and how it flows to the next set) or could be a function of execution. i.e. If a bear is running it is beating the ground to death, not the most efficient use of energy and why they can't do it for very long.....if a deer is running it is the most efficient use of energy and why they normally outrun most predators. They're both covering the same ground but with very different styles.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2

This video might just have solidified my conversion from BD "hater" to full-fledged fan.

I'm sure there will always be things to nit-pick and criticize, as there are with any corps, but stuff like this is a great way to put faces with the perceived machine that is the Blue Devil organization.

Congrats to all involved in this year's truly remarkable season.

• Like 1