Audition: Phantom or Cavies

As an biased observer, I will note this. Over the course of 40 years that I have been in the activity, generally PR members stay to themselves. I remember when I marched in 79 several members at a show being told by the staff to stick together and not to talk with members from other corps. As I have observed them through the years I see the same thing. Also, one other thing that occurred to me. PR seems to traditionally have an awful lot of rewrites during the season. Generally, the Cavies do not. In fact the one year PR did not have a lot of rewrites (2008) they did pretty well.

• Like 1

As an biased observer, I will note this. Over the course of 40 years that I have been in the activity, generally PR members stay to themselves. I remember when I marched in 79 several members at a show being told by the staff to stick together and not to talk with members from other corps. As I have observed them through the years I see the same thing. Also, one other thing that occurred to me. PR seems to traditionally have an awful lot of rewrites during the season. Generally, the Cavies do not. In fact the one year PR did not have a lot of rewrites (2008) they did pretty well.

Calgon Take Me Away!

PR2008 not a lot of rewrites? I beg to differ. Almost the entire last third was changed from the beginning of the season to finals.

Cavies also have rewrites. And another thing. We are now using rewrites as a basis for differing the corps? What does this have to do with the donkey and the toothpaste?

Edited by Lincoln

They had a TON of rewrites in 2008!!

that hasn't really been the case since 2011 though. except i think triumphant journey

You've indicated an interest in auditioning on either baritone or euphonium. It might be interesting to know that after using 20 baritones and no euphoniums in 2003.

This statement is false. Although there was a time early season when they were waiting for the arrival of new euphoniums, they MOST DEFINITELY marched euphs in 2003.

Don't agree.

Actually he's pretty close to the truth. Almost all (if not all) of the original drill was changed during spring training. They had MASSIVE re-writes then. It was certainly almost 100% changed by Finals.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 1