Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

Hmmmm. I must admit that sometimes the activity confuses me.

A 5 point jump a week ago and now the Troopers have stagnated. This seems to happen every year where the folks from Casper just don't move at all while other corps have a more steady upswing. I must admit that I have not been able to go to many shows this year (and I have abandoned Fan Network) so is it simply that the Troopers' show had reached its ceiling whereas others' have not?

Hmmmm. I must admit that sometimes the activity confuses me.

A 5 point jump a week ago and now the Troopers have stagnated. This seems to happen every year where the folks from Casper just don't move at all while other corps have a more steady upswing. I must admit that I have not been able to go to many shows this year (and I have abandoned Fan Network) so is it simply that the Troopers' show had reached its ceiling whereas others' have not?

Trust me being a scout alum I know just how you feel. But I think in the case of the troopers it is so obvious that they have the best overall program that they have had in recent years. Unfortunately, it takes about 4 to 5 years for corps to be given credit for consistency anymore.

All of this makes perfect sense if you have been playing attention to the lineups the last week or so. I have a feeling that if Troop make it then it's going to be a season of losing mid-week and winning at Regionals.

I wasn't able to watch the Denver performance so I don't know when most of the changes to the last third of the show were added but the vehicle is there to get to Finals. They need to CLEAN, CLEAN, and CLEAN some more.

Fortunately they have quite a few days off between now and Atlanta and a wonderful gift with their performance spot in San Antonio.

They definitely have the product to make finals this year!!! And the horn line is really powerful!

Troopers seemed a bit flat last night. They do not march well at all. I hope they spend some time on visual. Clean it up and it will happen.

• Like 1

Troopers seemed a bit flat last night. They do not march well at all. I hope they spend some time on visual. Clean it up and it will happen.

YES. So many of the things going on in that organization are awesome right now. Having the current visual staff, with almost zero teaching pedigree compared to team DVD on brass, Team Paul, and CB running guard--- it is no surprise the visual team is what is behind.

With all the handwringing on the Troopers, the fact remains that out of the 2 dozen Corps, Troop is currently ranked where they finished up last season... 14th. How is this much different than most all of the other Corps that, except for 2 Corps, are pretty much sitting in the same current rankings( within a placement or two) of where these Corps ultimately finished up last season ? What exactly were people's expectations for the Troopers placement for this season ?.... or for that matter, ANY Corps, when it comes to major moves in placement over last season ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1