Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

With all the handwringing on the Troopers, the fact remains that out of the 2 dozen Corps, Troop is currently ranked where they finished up last season... 14th. How is this much different than most all of the other Corps that, except for 2 Corps, are pretty much sitting in the same current rankings( within a placement or two) of where these Corps ultimately finished up last season ? What exactly were people's expectations for the Troopers placement for this season ?.... or for that matter, ANY Corps, when it comes to major moves in placement over last season ?

It is no secret that a certain hire after the 2012 debacle was promising finals appearances for his, "beloved corps". He was literally telling everyone that's what he was going to do, not just closed circles.

With all the chest thumping, promises, and the personality conflicts there, I'd imagine that welcome has become worn out quickly.

It is no secret that a certain hire after the 2012 debacle was promising finals appearances for his, "beloved corps". He was literally telling everyone that's what he was going to do, not just closed circles.

With all the chest thumping, promises, and the personality conflicts there, I'd imagine that welcome has become worn out quickly.

I see. I'm not privy to what goes on there with the Troopers, so I'll accept what you are telling me. Troop did move from 18th to 13th from 2012 to 2013, and thats a one year jump up in placements that is almost unheard of these days in DCI. It does happen, but my Lord, its exceedingly rare these days now.

Basically, the Troopers seem locked into 12th- 16th most seasons( sort of like SCV for 4th-6th, these days now ). No matter where Troopers finish however, most years I really dig their show. So as an outsider, thats what most interests me when it comes to the Troopers.

Edited by BRASSO

No matter where Troopers finish however, most years I really dig their show. So as an outsider, thats what most interests me when it comes to the Troopers.

Agreed, although I am alumni and I own that I can't be unbiased.

What matters is the show is fantastic, placement be ###### and they are a finalist in my heart (just like Colts last year). All we need is for DCI to offer Blu-rays of non-Finalists and the rest won't matter.

• Like 1

I see. I'm not privy to what goes on there with the Troopers, so I'll accept what you are telling me. Troop did move from 18th to 13th from 2012 to 2013, and thats a one year jump up in placements that is almost unheard of these days in DCI. It does happen, but my Lord, its exceedingly rare these days now.

Basically, the Troopers seem locked into 12th- 16th most seasons( sort of like SCV for 4th-6th, these days now ). No matter where Troopers finish however, most years I really dig their show. So as an outsider, thats what most interests me when it comes to the Troopers.

I think the General's point is that they have different expectations than we do.

If you are promised the world, but only given New Jersey, even though you've been given an entire state, you're still underwhelmed.

I think the General's point is that they have different expectations than we do.

If you are promised the world, but only given New Jersey, even though you've been given an entire state, you're still underwhelmed.

Especially if all you get is New Jersey..

( oh just kidding you New Jersey DCPers.. haha!)

• Like 1

if you are given NJ, then you ARE given the world. :tounge2:

Nothing else matters!

• Like 1

and they'll throw in Chris Christie as a bonus. Add that diet to your dinner bill, ha, ha.

and now that Donald Trump is free of duties in Atlantic City, he can show you the boardwalk .

Edited by xandandl

So, I was actually in Belton last night, on the 40 fairly high up in the upper section. (It still wasn't very high, so drill was difficult to read a lot of the time in most shows)

Changes galore were in the show. I felt tense for Troop. The feet really bothered me, but the overall show design still captivated me. The ballad is really beautiful, and I like that it's not operatic. (I'm a classically trained vocalist, so I'm not anti-opera, I'm just really glad the soloist is owning it and giving it proper character for it's style)

So, those that felt the show was flat - it was. But to address Ms. Granny Smith: no, it hasn't even come close to reaching its potential. The kids have to own those changes though, and FAST. And buy into their characters. And not worry about the competition - just sell it, from the heart all the way out to the audience.

• Like 4

Beat me to the punch, Terri. While not at the show, I was going to say that I've heard from my inside sources that there are a lot of changes being added into the show right now. Unconfirmed rumors also say there might be some more going in with a full rehearsal day today before San Antonio.

Agree with everything said above: if they can clean it, they will continue to be a strong contender for a finals spot this season.

My hype train is still rolling, and as previously stated, will continue to roll all the way to Indy. Love my corps. Get 'em Troop!

• Like 2