Saint Patricks Parades

The Govenaires and St. Patrick's Day go hand-in-hand.

Want to be a Govie for a day (on possibly the best day to be a Govie)? Come march with us in the parade through downtown St. Peter on March 17. Meet at Patrick's on Third before 4 p.m. for information on where to line-up.

St. Peter will have a bunch of festivities going on afterward. This will be an experience you won't want to miss.

01_23_152.jpg

• Like 3

Sky Alumni will be in the Jersey City parade on the 15th ... in the early years, we had no DM, so the Mayor filled that duty as we led off the parade ... it was hilarious when we got to the Reviewing Stand and he directed with great enthusiasm ...

:-)

• Like 2

3) "I have a Bicentenial Special going on... $17.76.... Bicentenial Special... c'mon boys". Said to the whole corps as we were going back to our cars after the parade...... by a hooker......

Man... I simply do not want to ever know what the 76 cents was for!!!! :tongue:

• Like 2

The Skyliners are in Scranton, PA on the 14th and then along with the Alumni corps, we are also in the Jersey City Parade on Sunday, the 15th.

and with an Irish flair...

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/twenty-two-bands-to-march-in-limerick-s-band-championship-1-6611994

and to cure your jet lag, Starbucks is opening there in Limerick if Barry's or Bewley's tea is only an afternoon thing for you. Slainte`

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

The Skyliners are in Scranton, PA on the 14th and then along with the Alumni corps, we are also in the Jersey City Parade on Sunday, the 15th.

Long term forecast for that Jersey City parade is 48 and sunny, which is about 40 degrees warmer than it was a couple of weeks before. :smile:

• Like 2

... Man... I simply do not want to ever know what the 76 cents was for!!!!

Sin Tax ...

:w00t:

• Like 2

I remember as a kid I marched with Saint Pascals fife ,drum & bugles up 5th Ave many times ,one year we led the parade the following year last .We waited and waited ,finally stepped out on to the Ave at 7'30 p.m. .Another year it was snowing we left the church around noon ,into the parade It was snowing like hell ,out of our 3 buses the one I was on was the only one to make it into the parade .As we pulled into west 45 st. the last of the parade was on its way up the Ave ,WE unloaded ,grapped our stuff and ran like hell to jump in .

Rain in the forecast for Central PA tonight and tomorrow.

Lancers have sent an email saying all members should check their email BEFORE leaving the house for the York parade.

Rain.... last thing we need after a lot of the snowpack melted off the last few days.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari