Dumbest things drum corps peeps told you

"We don't want you in our show"

Wish I could remember the details and was at college when this started. We had (or thought we had) an invite to a "name" early season Sr show which would have been another step in our rebuilding (9th place year before). Then we get this happy crappy letter saying this is a "prestige" show and the sponsors feel that don't measure up to their high standards (BigW where are you with the wording). Just before we start running thru the show at practice the BusMang reads the letter to the corps. Younger members all PO'ed and mouthing off. Older members saying "Well #### that, let's show them". That season every now and them someone would just menton the name of the show and you could see us getting cranked.

End of season we came in 6th (a corps record) and beat the host corps (first time ever) at at least one show.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

( rookie marcher, first day of outdoor, all day, practice in the sun ) : " I don't need sunscreen as I don't burn "

• Like 1

( rookie marcher, first day of outdoor, all day, practice in the sun ) : " I don't need sunscreen as I don't burn "

That's my son! Even AFTER his rookie year! And you'd think lip balm was fluoroantimonic acid the way he avoids it.

That's my son! Even AFTER his rookie year! And you'd think lip balm was fluoroantimonic acid the way he avoids it.

The main reason I'm a little envious of anyone born near the Equator or Mediterranean. Sun hat? Check. Sun block? Check.

The main reason I'm a little envious of anyone born near the Equator or Mediterranean. Sun hat? Check. Sun block? Check.

Same here.. My Grandparents on both sides came here from Ireland. As such, I'm packin' hat, sun block.