Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

I never said there was a direct and provable link between this clear conflict of interest and " recent performance results ". So I should not be asked to explain in further detail something a) I never said and 2) a provable link between conflicts of interests and performance results. something likely impossible to prove anyway even if there might be some semblance of real possibility to it.

The fact that ALL competitive college and pro sports leagues disallow inside their league conflicts of interests is to not to create a possible environment where speculation of a conflict of interest and performance results might be linked in the public's eye ( even if the link is inaccurate, difficult and/ or unprovable to be made as well) ). It is the appearance alone of a possible conflict of interest that make just about ALL organizations... sports or otherwise.. create rules and regulations ( with fines and penalties for violations ) whereby even a hint of a possible appearance of conflict of interest is against all these organizations by laws, rules and regulations.

Are you telling us that you see no evidence of a conflict of interest present in DCI at present ? As this was my reply to a poster above ( poster.. " xandandl ") that likewise has observed a conflict of interest present within DCI.

I have the feeling that no matter what I say, some people here (some being perhaps overstated - "a few" might be more accurate) will find all reasons to find conflict in interest. It's such a small activity to compare to collegiate and professional sports.

• Like 2

I have the feeling that no matter what I say, some people here (some being perhaps overstated - "a few" might be more accurate) will find all reasons to find conflict in interest. It's such a small activity to compare to collegiate and professional sports.

But DCI has in the past, made comparisons to " collegiate and professional sports " when it fits their purpose. It was, afterall, DCI itself that attempted to align itself with sports by ageeing to go on ESPN Sports for their televised Championships, bringing on pro and college athletes, coaches, etc to its broadcast, utilizing legendary sports announcers ( Curt Gowdy ) and hooking up DCI percussionists to a heart monitor to compare the pulse, rate, etc to that of college and pro athletes, and a myriad of other comparisons that DCI has made for itself for the public to compare and see this activity as a competitive " sport "

But... thats all beside the point here, imo. I responded to the poster above that brought up the conflict of interest issue. I agreed with his observations, and his good questions in his comments for us to think about, and added my own comments in support of his questioning regarding the appropriateness of DCI's long standing position of the lack of transparancy and the avoidance of the appearance of the very real conflicts of interest that continues to reside in DCI. Its just my opinion, assessment, observation. Please don't take my comments personal, as my comments on this are not about you at all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Brasso - I'm not taking your comments personally at all - on the contrary, it's clear you put a lot of thought into what you are saying. I'd say "Agree to disagree" but it's so cliches.

A few of us see a clear conflict of interest present in DCI, while others such as yourself see no indications at all of a conflict of interest present within DCI ( or its of no concern to them ).

Thats fine, no problem in agreeing to disagree on this, Lincoln.

A few of us see a clear conflict of interest present in DCI, while others such as yourself see no indications at all of a conflict of interest present within DCI ( or its of no concern to them ).

Thats fine, no problem in agreeing to disagree on this, Lincoln.

I'm fine with the differing opinions. I still read pretty much everything you post and sometimes laugh because you have a good sense of humor.

I'm fine with the differing opinions. I still read pretty much everything you post and sometimes laugh because you have a good sense of humor.

Flattery will get you everywhere with me ( haha). For what its worth, I've enjoyed your commentary on here over the past year or so, and look forward to reading what your thoughts are on things we discuss on here, even on those occasions when we might disagree a bit on some of it.

Edited by BRASSO

As for the Cascades new unis, I try to stay clear of making judgments off an artists sketch alone, as I find that not to be all that good to draw assessments on historically for me. I'll wait until I see them on the field with this new unis, and make assessments then, off of that.

That said, isn't it good to have something... anything.. in the offseason goings on with the Corps, to discuss ? We really have so little to discuss that is current . Its like the Corps adopt a " Cone of Silence " in the offseason that would make the US Secret Service under the Dept. of Homeland Security jealous in its ability to keep things under wraps.

Edited by BRASSO

Flattery will get you everywhere with me ( haha). For what its worth, I've enjoyed your commentary on here over the past year or so, and look forward to reading what your thoughts are on things we discuss on here, even on those occasions when we might disagree a bit on some of it.

Invite Lincoln to the Fling!

10403176_628021327299635_264116734672288

Can't say as I'm all that big a fan of the new look.

Personally, I think the uniform is pretty nice, though that's from looking at the picture. In person it could be very different. I like the white and blue, particularly with the crisp edges, as opposed to the fading from one color to the next that's becoming increasingly common (Blue Knights).

Wish it didn't have the the Crown-esque shako/hat thing, though.

Invite Lincoln to the Fling!

Hope to see you there this year, Ghost. Will you be able to make it this year ?