Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

We can't see their guard unis here though. Did their Guard have orange-, brownish looking, clownish attire too, do we know ? The Jolly Jesters were a 1950's Canadian Sr. Corps, so I don't think they had advanced to that stage as of yet with the Guard unis, but thats before my time to know for certain.

Edited by BRASSO

Is this something new for the new season. Is it an unveil of a new look? A hit or a miss for the kids from Canton???

Just got this announcement from DCI. http://www.dci.org/n...b1-a5c5cbf48752

I thought they used to be called The BLUEcoats.

That's what we like to call in the industry...a photo edit.

The uniforms are actually blue, but in this edited picture they appear black.

Calm down, everything will be okay.

• Like 3

Another new drill designer seeing different fabric as the panacea for better scores.

I don't think so.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I just had to make a comment on this. I know the visual team pretty well, because they used to be my vis team at Troopers. Nick Benson runs one heck of a movement program. What I'm trying to say is, while the new uniforms are definitely designed to help make them look good, they are only one part of a complete package. This 'aint no one-trick pony of a staff.

Hopefully they will show that to you this summer :cool:

This photo from their early days shows a unique design of the horizontal "stripes." Early Boston Crusaders, now returning to the Hyde Park neighborhood.

10298920_885010448209566_484415190415638

My guess, if they played their cards right, most, if not all, of those in this BAC pic have returned to Heaven by now.., not to Hyde Park.

We can't see their guard unis here though. Did their Guard have orange-, brownish looking, clownish attire too, do we know ? The Jolly Jesters were a 1950's Canadian Sr. Corps, so I don't think they had advanced to that stage as of yet with the Guard unis, but thats before my time to know for certain.

I think their guard wore Cadet-style jackets with shakos and plumes. :augen51:

Edited by MikeD

Personally, I think the uniform is pretty nice, though that's from looking at the picture. In person it could be very different. I like the white and blue, particularly with the crisp edges, as opposed to the fading from one color to the next that's becoming increasingly common (Blue Knights).

Wish it didn't have the the Crown-esque shako/hat thing, though.

Is there some unwritten rule that says World Class corps must wear blue and white? I'm sure there are some sort of research-driven opinions that drive this, but it seems like more than half the corps are now dark blue and white/grey/black. Would seem to be a smart marketing move to differentiate yourself, especially at the merch tables.

If The Battalion makes it to World Class, I suspect they will be a very popular choice at the merch table if only because they ain't blue and white!