Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

I don't have a problem with the design at all but I don't love the new colors. I really loved the different shades of green and (as horrible as it sounds) it was usually the only thing keeping me interested in watching them. We already have enough blue corps. This is an overall disappointment IMO.

10403176_628021327299635_264116734672288

I like it. Like BK, it makes me think of snowy mountains, water, etc. Not bad for a corps named after a mountain range.

I really, *really* disliked their previous jackets - the fade didn't work and the design stretched the look of the MM's horizontally, so this to me looks like a massive upgrade for their on-field presence. I don't like the hats (thanks, FJM), but I haven't liked them on any corps I've seen them on yet.

Overall, I think it's an upgrade, and ... hooray for more white pants! We're brightening up the field, one corps at a time. Cesario has said, and I wholeheartedly agree, that one of the major visual differences between marching band and DCI is that corps, by virtue of being independent ensembles, have a vested interest in a "color" identity. Witness the pushback to the 2010 Cavaliers jackets when the corps felt that the new design had too much black, corrected in 2014. So, good for Cascades not going with the camoflaged look on the field (black / green) and picking some bold, bright colors to represent them.

Mike

Edited by MikeN
  • Like 1

Not sure where we left off so I posting Dutch Boy.

Dutch Boy 1983. For most of the 80's they wore this uniform.. not bad. Gave them an identity.

DutchBoy-1983.png

Dutch Boy 1988. New look. I didn't like this one much. A miss in my opinion.

Dutchboy-1988.png

Dutch Boy 1990. Another new look. I like this one. I thought the all white jackets were sharp.

DutchBoy-1990.png

I do give them props for having the cajones to go with white pants. They must feel pretty confident to go that route. Are Madison and BK the only other corps last year that had White in world class? It wouldn't surprise me to see Phantom go back, and Cadets cream don't exactly hide things either (that's because they don't have anything to hide considering how clean they are visually). Maybe I like these more than I initially thought. We'll see I guess this summer. Loved Bostons up close when they were released last year and wasn't a big fan from up top. Who knows. Maybe I'll love them from up high.

Speaking of Blue Knights similarities, looks like they took BKs 2013 glitter ball (I'm kidding) and gave it a pretty fantastic make over for their show:

11062136_627924893975945_808973172088729

Edited by DrumManTx

I do give them props for having the cajones to go with white pants. They must feel pretty confident to go that route. Is BK the only other corps last year that had White in world class? It wouldn't surprise me to see Phantom go back, and Cadets cream don't exactly hide things either (that's because they don't have anything to hide considering how clean they are visually).

Madison Scouts

• Like 1

Madison Scouts

Ahh yes, I knew I was missing someone.

FYI, this pic makes me like it more for some reason. If they do the blue to black fade like that, could look pretty cool. Almost reminds me of Blue Stars 2008 - 2009 uniforms, which I loved.

17290_628136687288099_692699396064118301

Edited by DrumManTx

I don't have a problem with the design at all but I don't love the new colors. I really loved the different shades of green and (as horrible as it sounds) it was usually the only thing keeping me interested in watching them. We already have enough blue corps. This is an overall disappointment IMO.

If one were to replace the blue with gold, I get the impression very similar to the Carolina Crown uniform with the cream jacket and pants and pull through thingey from a few seasons back.

Make the Cascades '15 shako black, and I again see Carolina Crown and what was worn on the head for '13 and '14.

And (Albert) Lo and Behold, who is the uniform designer for all of these? One Michael Cesario...(cf. graphic in post 207 above.)

I guess a Cesario design gets the Cascades a few notches up the ladder which Cesario holds the final say...even to what Judges do championships.

Edited by xandandl