Take DCI out of Indiana

This is dumb. You don't see anyone clamoring for DCI to stop hosting shows in other states with similar laws, making this whole argument and petition hypocritical. Georgia is contemplating the same bill, so where's the "Spirit of Atlanta should move out of the state" petition?

I'm all for the whole DCI front office staff joining the live protest, or writing a letter signed by Dan urging defeat of the bill, but there's simply no way DCI moves out of Indy. It's an empty threat, so they shouldn't waste any effort in making it. This petition isn't about defeating the bill so much as it is about people feeling good about themselves for signing it. It's the same thing as those stupid Facebook "If this post gets 1000 likes, god will grant you a puppy" posts.

• Like 5

This petition is poorly written and a histrionic knee-jerk reaction.

If this petition were a drum corps show, this performance would not make finals for its mistakes in composition, transitions, and logic gaps. It is poorly designed..

It doesn't represent the people it says it is defending. it presumes itself to be a mouthpiece for everyone.

• Like 4

Would any notable corps be pulling out of DCI and all its shows if DCI doesn't knuckle under to the petition-pushers?

Is this but a back-door way for G7 and Gibbs-Hopkins to make its Buffalo show the national championship?

Would any notable corps be pulling out of DCI and all its shows if DCI doesn't knuckle under to the petition-pushers?

Is this but a back-door way for G7 and Gibbs-Hopkins to make its Buffalo show the national championship?

Excellent post - the whole bill in Indiana was due to an effort of Gibbs-Hopkins! Brilliant!

I never heard a conspiracy idea I didn't like!

• Like 1

DCI houses it's operation in Indiana and championship week brings in far more money than events in any other state. So I STONGLY support DCI making a move out of Indiana.

The sad truth is all the states passing this horrible laws are going to waste tax payer money as sooner or later there will be lawsuits and legal action which will result in overturning the discrimination laws.

DCP readers, in looking at the profile of the OP who is pushing this petition, there is an odd irony.

He is not even an American citizen but rather writes to us from his residence in Holland.

Using drum corps to push his own agenda....most certainly.

DCP readers, in looking at the profile of the OP who is pushing this petition, there is an odd irony.

He is not even an American citizen but rather writes to us from his residence in Holland.

Using drum corps to push his own agenda....most certainly.

Or maybe he just posted the link to the petition?

• Like 1