No west coast score inflation this year?

Well, someone has to start the topic every season so I'll step up to the plate.

Looking at the scores from Akron & Stanford, the Blue Devils, w/ a score of 73.45 are only 0.2 ahead of Bluecoats. Cadets, SCV, & Crown are also right there in the 71.something+ mix. This could get interesting - there is no clear early front-runner, although I suspect most of us think one of these 5 will likely be the eventual champ.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

I think it's obvious that when the initial scores came out from California, the judges ( dci) in the east, went oops, we need to catch up. How else do you qualify cc,cadets, bloo going up ( 5 PT to cc) in one night? ..very, very obvious

Are Pacific Crest neck and neck with Boston, and points ahead of the Troopers today ?. Who knows. Could be. But if we want to compare scores from 2- 3,000 miles away with different panels, judges, mix of Corps etc then yes, one would have to conclude so.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, someone has to start the topic every season so I'll step up to the plate.

Looking at the scores from Akron & Stanford, the Blue Devils, w/ a score of 73.45 are only 0.2 ahead of Bluecoats and 0.3 ahead of Cadets. SCV, & Crown are also right there in the 71.something+ mix. This could get interesting - there is no clear early front-runner, although I suspect most of us think one of these 5 will likely be the eventual champ.

It doesn't matter anyway. When all the corps get together at the same show and are judged by the same judges at the same time, then and only then will we know which corps is the best, second best, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/19 there was a 4.1 pt spread from BD and coats, then in one day, they close that spread by 3 pts....? C'mon. We all know judges look at what others corps are doing, no matter if they are in n,s e or west. Are you telling me suddenly Bd and scv went flat and coats did so much better in less than 24 hrs? That does not fit logic. its apparently clear they see scores from other performances and adjust there scoring for parity among the top 4-5

On 6/19 there was a 4.1 pt spread from BD and coats, then in one day, they close that spread by 3 pts....? C'mon. We all know judges look at what others corps are doing, no matter if they are in n,s e or west. Are you telling me suddenly Bd and scv went flat and coats did so much better in less than 24 hrs? That does not fit logic. its apparently clear they see scores from other performances and adjust there scoring for parity among the top 4-5

Comparing scores from competitions that are thousands of miles apart doesn't fit logic. Those numbers are absolutely meaningless to compare unless they go head to head.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I think this whole west coast inflation thing is a myth.

A myth is as good as a mile.