Michigan City Match 6/27

The surdo drums at the start of the show are now on a stage. This significantly increases projection and adds to the opening show effect. Great move by the design team.

There is a TINY trumpet player and he is totally bad ###.

I could still use more volume during the opening Conquest statement. It's Conquest, for cryin' out loud!

I'm getting more energy during Palladio, however, so they are definitely working on projection by the horns overall.

I could still use more volume during the opening Conquest statement. It's Conquest, for cryin' out loud!

I'm getting more energy during Palladio, however, so they are definitely working on projection by the horns overall.

It will come volume.

• Like 1

Female vocal soloists seems to be the theme of 2015. Crossmen, Boston, and Troopers so far this season.

Yeah, brass! Full sound to open the next movement!

• Like 1

It will come volume.

It already is. They focused on technique and cleanliness first, plus my first viewing was their first show, so there was some tenative playing which I'm definitely not getting tonight.

Time for our soloist to return, this time on the center field stage, surrounded by her fellow guard members. Love this rendition of Dives and Lazarus.

Boston Crusaders:

11701031_10205127354638408_2670407287983

• Like 4