Rochester Ruckus 6/28

Yeah, couldn't be that the judges thought Madison had a strong night. Conspiracy!!!'n

Why do these questions pop up everyday?

Fluctuation in scores will happen. Some corps will have good and bad performances. Not only that, we're using partial panels for all these darn Midwest/East shows so the strengths and weaknesses of a corps will be highlighted depending on who is being paid to judge from night to night.

• Like 6

Why do these questions pop up everyday?

Fluctuation in scores will happen. Some corps will have good and bad performances. Not only that, we're using partial panels for all these darn Midwest/East shows so the strengths and weaknesses of a corps will be highlighted depending on who is being paid to judge from night to night.

But Cappybara, it's more to try and justify it as a mistake or conspiracy, rather than the reality which you describe.

I mean, Madison couldn't possibly be improving and moving up, that's talk from crazy town.

• Like 1

It's pretty funny that so many on here cry foul about slotting conspiracies and judging conspiracies, but when one corps moves up one freaking spot, the roof of DCP is blown the #### off.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather watch corps trading blows than having one dominate the other.

• Like 4

It's pretty funny that so many on here cry foul about slotting conspiracies and judging conspiracies, but when one corps moves up one freaking spot, the roof of DCP is blown the #### off.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather watch corps trading blows than having one dominate the other.

I agree.

But that's too unpredictable for some, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Same here, I know Madison isn't one to count out. I think their show this year has so much more potential than last years. Wasn't blowing my lid, was more surprised about Madison being over two points behind last night than I was about them jumping Blue Stars tonight honestly. My comment was I found it interesting the turnover in all the captions compared to last night across the board. Wasn't disagreeing, wasn't crying conspiracy, ect. Makes it more fun to watch IMO!

But seriously:

going on after bluecoats never helps lol. im out good night all

Using that logic that's why Madison was so far behind last night going on after Bluecoats if we're going to use that old argument.

• Like 1

To be honest if I'm the Blue Stars I take that score and run with it. Once the sun went down - right around the end of Madison's run - everything was completely covered in condensation. At least one or two guard members slipped on the Blue Stars' stages and I'm sure the field was a mess. Going on last after a superior corps doesn't help either, but I'd attribute the big flip in scores to the field conditions more than anything else. Fully except Blue Stars to break 70 next show and stay atop Scouts moving forward.

Also pretty frightening that Bluecoats' run could have been stronger if not for that. I could have seen them breaking 80.

Edited by Phan_of_Drumming

Always thought this year's Scouts had better 'growth potential' than a couple previous year productions. This could be an indicator, yet there's only so much of that sweet, rare air to be had these days!

I like you how call it a conspiracy. It's really only logical. You only see lower tiered corps go on after a higher tier corps at home shows for a reason. Judges always compare after the last show they watch. Imagine pio going on after bluecoats. You think they get the same score they would get being first world class corps on? No way. I'm not calling the end of the season because of one show because it is just one show. They put on a great show that got a standing o and it's off to the next show. Scores don't mean much until regional and the end of the season.

To be honest if I'm the Blue Stars I take that score and run with it. Once the sun went down - right around the end of Madison's run - everything was completely covered in condensation. At least one or two guard members slipped on the Blue Stars' stages and I'm sure the field was a mess. Going on last after a superior corps doesn't help either, but I'd attribute the big flip in scores to the field conditions more than anything else. Fully except Blue Stars to break 70 next show and stay atop Scouts moving forward.

Also pretty frightening that Bluecoats' run could have been stronger if not for that. I could have seen them breaking 80.

Like I said, it's a conspiracy.

Especially the condensation! I mean the Scouts perform in the dark, but roughly 40 minutes earlier, but by the time the Blue Stars go on, those poor kids are marching on a virtual slip n slide.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1