July First greetings...

What was the name of that all-girl drum corps from Canada from the early 90's?

(removed)

Edited by HornTeacher

The Ventures from Kitchener, Ontario or do you mean the ones from Quebec, Les Chatelaines de Laval, near Montreal?

• Like 1

The Ventures from Kitchener, Ontario or do you mean the ones from Quebec, Les Chatelaines de Laval, near Montreal?

Was this the same "Ventures" who won the Class A finals at Buffalo in 1990? I spent the week there...and remember an all-girl corps scoring very well. Are they one in the same?

Were the Bandettes not also from Canada? Sault Ste Marie on the Ontario side I thought

Was this the same "Ventures" who won the Class A finals at Buffalo in 1990? I spent the week there...and remember an all-girl corps scoring very well. Are they one in the same?

Yes, with a 91.8.

Interesting side note for the moderns who think this is ancient history of another century.

The Ventures' director for many years was the dad of Jon Vanderkolff, present day visual designer for the Bluecoats.

Were the Bandettes not also from Canada? Sault Ste Marie on the Ontario side I thought

cf. the OP where they are mentioned. They were never as competitively successful as the other two corps except that I think Tom Blair and Dale may have drum tekked there for awhile.

St. John's Girls? Les Chatelaines?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

cf. the OP where they are mentioned. They were never as competitively successful as the other two corps except that I think Tom Blair and Dale may have drum tekked there for awhile.

Ah yes, I must have missed them in the list on my first read. Thank you.

St. John's Girls?

The one I was thinking of and couldn't remember the name was The Ventures from Kitchener, Ontario...thank you xandandl...there were probably others....but I was reminiscing about The Ventures...

A bit of trivia ... in 1976, Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders and the Seneca Optimists who were both from Toronto were in DCI Finals. I think that is the only time that two corps from the same city made Finals.