July First greetings...

Great corps and talent. Salut!

And their horn guy is now Bluecoats long time horn guy.

Not only that, but he marched with Seneca! Thought you might like knowing that.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

I miss DCI Canada, badly. I miss my annual pilgrimage to Hamilton, Ontario for prelims and finals and then I'd spend some time at Niagara Falls.

Yes, I know...we marched together. Bluecoats music designer marched with us as well, and is also Canadian.

And apparently you and I marched against each other. But you also marched with my friends Andy Wickstrom and Sue (Templeton) Deschene, and worked with my friends Joel Alleyne and Bob Stewart, so it's all good, brother!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Give it some time, but Linap who posts here some times, but has more input on the historical option will make an appearance. She will fill us in on the many all girl corps out of Canada such as her own corps, the Alberta All Girl D&BC.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/62667-some-old-corps-photos/page-2089

Edited by Ghost

And apparently you and I marched against each other. But you also marched with my friends Andy Wickstrom and Sue (Templeton) Deschene, and worked with my friends Joel Alleyne and Bob Stewart, so it's all good, brother!

Sue Templeton and Joel Alleyne, now there are some names from DCI's past that I haven't heard in a looooong while.

And who could say Drum Corps and Canada and not mention the great cartoonist Don Daber?!!!!

Word is out that Don Cherry is soon to release his annual review of DCI uniforms for the current season. Rumor also has it that his jackets are the inspiration for several of Bluecoats (the new Canadian corps, staff at least) flags and guard unis.

• Like 1

Sue Templeton and Joel Alleyne, now there are some names from DCI's past that I haven't heard in a looooong while.

And who could say Drum Corps and Canada and not mention the great cartoonist Don Daber?!!!!

Word is out that Don Cherry is soon to release his annual review of DCI uniforms for the current season. Rumor also has it that his jackets are the inspiration for several of Bluecoats (the new Canadian corps, staff at least) flags and guard unis.

Inspired by Don Cherry? I thought they taken striaght from his wardrobe!