DCA Fan Network Status?

In 2012, the Glassmen Alumni Ensemble was rehearsing in the Wauseon, Ohio, area (G-West, to be exact) the same day as the DCI West webcast. We went to the Holiday Inn Express off the turnpike, rented a conference room, and used the hotel wifi and a TV on a cart with my laptop to watch the show. We had a few hiccups because of the WiFi and bandwidth but we watched the whole thing and had a blast doing it.

LOL. The only time I'm in a hotel these days is when I actually go to championships. I own the place at the Jersey shore, but my viewing will be split. Saturday will be at the shore. Easiest deal there is wifi + Chromecast. Finals will be at home, and I am going to use an HDMI cable. The only question I still hsve is whether to use the laptop wired (with HDMI), or wirelessly (with HDMI). Any thoughts on that?

We were OK with WiFi, our new laptop and HDMI cable last year. The Internet connection is in the back of the house and living room is in the front so it was WiFi or trip over a 50 ft cable all weekend. Weird part is I work IT but we never had a laptop or used the WiFi until last year for DCA Weekend. And yes, we bought the laptop and set up WiFi because of DCA. What an excuse to get to the 21st Century.....

Now time to sign up for this year...

i only ever watch the shows on WIFI. few issues unless it's prelims last year or DCi finals 2 years ago

i only ever watch the shows on WIFI. few issues unless it's prelims last year or DCi finals 2 years ago

Thanks, Jeff. Your input (always trusted :satisfied: ) has helped me a lot. Final decision is to watch prelims at the shore on a 40" flat screen with laptop /wifi / Chromecast. Going home early Sunday morning because we'd like to avoid the Labor Day crazies at the shore & on the roads. That will be 55" flat screen with laptop / wifi / and traditional HDMI cable. I just have a feeling the cable is the more reliable choice. Just a few more details to iron out & I'll be moving into this century - not the least of which is to order the darn thing. I'll do that right now.

We were OK with WiFi, our new laptop and HDMI cable last year. The Internet connection is in the back of the house and living room is in the front so it was WiFi or trip over a 50 ft cable all weekend. Weird part is I work IT but we never had a laptop or used the WiFi until last year for DCA Weekend. And yes, we bought the laptop and set up WiFi because of DCA. What an excuse to get to the 21st Century.....

Now time to sign up for this year...

Not sure if we are going to top what you've spent, but I'm pretty sure we could have gone to Rochester for the weekend for what we did! So far - for the beach house: one 40" TV for the living room; one 32" TV for the master bedroom (just because); two very expensive swiveling wall mounts (because these both need to be corner mounted); one Chromecast; One HDMI cable; the Fan Network, and ResortNet at the shore. Oh, and snacks and adult beverages. And still, I'll miss catching up with everyone :unhappy:

Thanks, Jeff. Your input (always trusted :satisfied: ) has helped me a lot. Final decision is to watch prelims at the shore on a 40" flat screen with laptop /wifi / Chromecast. Going home early Sunday morning because we'd like to avoid the Labor Day crazies at the shore & on the roads. That will be 55" flat screen with laptop / wifi / and traditional HDMI cable. I just have a feeling the cable is the more reliable choice. Just a few more details to iron out & I'll be moving into this century - not the least of which is to order the darn thing. I'll do that right now.

usually if there's a glitch, it's been on the senders end. Like last year with the issues at whatever name the stadium has this year, no cable will help that. Anyime, DCA or DCi I've encountered a stutter, usually rewinding back a minute or so irons out the bugs.

Not sure if we are going to top what you've spent, but I'm pretty sure we could have gone to Rochester for the weekend for what we did! So far - for the beach house: one 40" TV for the living room; one 32" TV for the master bedroom (just because); two very expensive swiveling wall mounts (because these both need to be corner mounted); one Chromecast; One HDMI cable; the Fan Network, and ResortNet at the shore. Oh, and snacks and adult beverages. And still, I'll miss catching up with everyone :unhappy:

i'm sure this will offend some but....beach and watching finals there or Rochester......

I'll take beach.

i'm sure this will offend some but....beach and watching finals there or Rochester......

I'll take beach.

You can understand why I felt I needed to be there last year. Rochester has a way of teaching me lessons (ahem). This year I just want to immerse myself in a great show, a few growlers of Cape May Brewery IPA, some great food (we usually ended up nearly starved at DCAs), and a 65 mile drive I could do in my sleep!

You can understand why I felt I needed to be there last year. Rochester has a way of teaching me lessons (ahem). This year I just want to immerse myself in a great show, a few growlers of Cape May Brewery IPA, some great food (we usually ended up nearly starved at DCAs), and a 65 mile drive I could do in my sleep!

i'd stay there all weekend.

Dogtooh to go, hit Kelly's after the show, plus a trip to the Lobster House somewhere in there.

granted i'd rather execute this plan in Dewey Beach....I mean take out from Ed's and busting up crabs while watching finals? heaven