Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

He can use any name he wishes and my thoughts would be the same.

By the way I have great respect for anyone seeking a PHD. I know how hard it is and the committment needed. So to PHD i commend you for your goals and wish you the best.

• Like 1

I think we should discredit someone based on their arguments, not their credentials. As much as I disagree with PHD, let's not hold his username against him.

Thanks for once. Lol.

I knew the handle choice would be problematic. However, it allows people who actually handle the day-to-day operations at Regiment to know exactly who I am.

Am I happy with their programming? Hell no. Am I happy with the operations? No. These kids deserve better. I spent five years working behind the scenes there. It's not a rosy picture. What I've heard about things going on this season make me worried more than ever. This is not the overall quality that the name Phantom Regiment deserves.

Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread or forum. You want to censor posts so all you see is sunshine? It would make for a horribly boring place that I'd stop reading. I want to see a robust discussion of all viewpoints. This overly sensitive stuff is overdone by the politicians. We don't need that here. So tell me, for a corps with such a long and glorious history of excellence and competitive success, why are you satisfied with a 7th or 8th place season?

I believe the answer to your question can be found in some of the "robust discussion and viewpoints" posted by those that find marching PR to be much more than ONLY what place you come in.

• Like 1

Then I know you as I have been around the Corps for 25 years in many capacities as I mentioned some time ago.

• Like 1

Actually, grammie. There is some truth to the situation with Phantom. It is a staffing problem. It is not a member problem. People make it sound like one of the ordinary folk can just walk in and make the organization change. It doesn't work this way with the much more business (e.g., money) focused aspects of corps. If Phantom can spend the money for top staff in all aspects, then they need to do so in order to compete at a championship level. If they cannot or do not want to do so, and the powers that be are satisfied with placing in the top 12 with an occasional appearance in the top five and a championship every decade or so, this is ultimately a business choice.

• Like 1

By the way I have great respect for anyone seeking a PHD. I know how hard it is and the committment needed. So to PHD i commend you for your goals and wish you the best.

I thank you for that. Halfway through and it's only put me in the hospital once. I'll survive.

My research and education interests (as well as can be possibly done) are bracketed from my discussions here. I find myself wrong most of the time...just have to keep at it. However, I can't be completely convinced that my name on here can be divorced from your feelings.

Please generally use the, "be a part of the solution and not the problem," line to quilt people into keeping quiet.

Please generally use the, "be a part of the solution and not the problem," line to guilt people into keeping quite. If you can't beat people with reasoning, use emotion.