Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

Well, if they want to improve, they need to work on individual marching technique and music, especially percussion.

There we go, now we're getting somewhere. Agreed. The percussion has been in shambles ever since the Sanford in 2010 and is accounting for almost HALF of their deficit to the Cavies. Visually the feet are just dirty and I could hear some of it in their sound. These guys usually hold the brass back until later into the season so I'm not going to comment on the brass (they sound pretty good to me). The new closer is this design team's opportunity to redeem itself and boost their currently lacking GE scores. I think passing Cavies is definitely manageable if they make the right moves in the coming weeks.

Well, if they want to improve, they need to work on individual marching technique and music, especially percussion.

Well, I heard from Gene Monterastelli (who randomly sat next to me during the Mandarins show) that Bob Smith will be rejoining the corps for the next two weeks. So cleaning of the feet should be occurring tout de suite as the French might say.

• Like 1

Well, I heard from Gene Monterastelli (who randomly sat next to me during the Mandarins show) that Bob Smith will be rejoining the corps for the next two weeks. So cleaning of the feet should be occurring tout de suite as the French might say.

Really? If so, this is great to hear.

As the proud parent of a marching member of the World Class Phantom Regiment, I could not remain a quiet Guest on these talking boards. While I am reassured that the opinions entered here only represent a miniscule number, my tolerance for intentional fouls has decreased. Shame on you from 19 years old to 99. If you disapprove of a Brand, so be it. But egregious inflammatory rhetoric regarding an entity most of you know zero about is an acute display of ignorance. Redefining failure may be a good place for the naysayers to begin their reflection.

Edited by SUTAMom
  • Like 3

As the proud parent of a 4 year marching member of the World Class Phantom Regiment , I could not remain a quiet Guest on these talking boards. While I am reassured that the opinions entered here only represent a miniscule number, my tolerance for intentional fouls has decreased. Shame on you from 19 years old to 99. If you disapprove of a Brand, so be it. But egregious inflammatory rhetoric regarding an entity most of you know zero about is an acute display of ignorance. Redefining failure may be a good place for the naysayers to begin their reflection.

Good on ya Mom. Sometimes in their effort to both criticize and fix corps "some" DCP contributors cross the line and think that spewing vitriol somehow makes what they say more impactful and relevant....in all cases... it is neither. PR certainly has some rebuilding to do, but they are quality at the core and will recover as they always have done. They just need to stabilize their staff and listen to each other. Coming off of their historic win in 08 they appeared stuck in one design direction and failed at collaboration ...this is the real path to success .... stable staff and open mind to other ideas.

• Like 3

It's the same people that have "sand in their vag" about who they perceive as running Phantom. The "we" vernacular, being used as some giant organization of people that feel this way as a justification to continue a crusade against this fallacy. The reality is it's simply a projection made on this organization and show based on this whole made up drama. Making assertions of everyone I know(small group) feels this way is silly. The fact is the group running this corps now have taken it from the brink of failure to a corps that competes well and is (more importantly) finiancially viable. If that is failure sign me up (again).

• Like 2

Thank you, Plan. Redefining & refining are the mark of many a successful venture, so agree with your take. Reading your reply gave me an idea for a show....VITRIOL....think of the music that could hammer that theme home. This is art, and interpreting is the nature of the beast. Remembering there are human beings providing the fodder for discussion remains essential...when one member marches, entire families are invested.

• Like 2