Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

Using your logic it would follow that anyone using the moniker of "BACMom", etc, is also being disrespectful? :blink:

Most of the MM's in drumcorps would never have marched without the support of their families....period! These familites are equally proud of their MM's and the organizations their perform with....if you don't understand THAT, you are beyond clueless!

Using your logic, we'd end up in Timbuktu.

BAC is just an acronym for Boston area Crusaders. SUTA is for members only, earned through sweat and tears. Only members and alumni have earned the right to use that term and should be the only ones saying it.

• Like 2

This conversation has finally stooped down to the level of this topic. Job complete, I guess.

• Like 2

Regardless of having an affiliation or not, I think it's important to be able to rationally look at an organization. All drum corps have week areas, but for someone to look at PR and say that all is dandy and whatnot is stupid.

Parsing performances and breaking them down to analyze what we think is good, bad or ugly about a corps is fundamental to what we do here and in the stands....no one is suggesting differently. What SUTAMom was referring to (I believe) is the level of demeaning criticisim that has found its way into some of these conversations on DCP. I thought that the 2009 Cadets show (toward the end of the tour) was a train wreck, mostly due to the "impossible maneuvers" Hop kept adding on to bring up the volume! That was not the fault of the MM's trying their best to do the impossible....they practically went to the edge of human movement capablity trying to execute that stuff.....and I said it here. But I would never lay that at the feet of the corps performers, it was a design impossibility. So, there is a difference in how you are being critical and most of the time, the more grotesque the criticism. the less informed.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

The conversation wasn't particularly weighty to begin with, IMO. It could continue to fall but as it's already approaching zero, it doesn't really matter much at this point anyway. Someone should just throw out "I'm rubber, you're glue" and bring it to its natural conclusion.

Using your logic, we'd end up in Timbuktu.

BAC is just an acronym for Boston area Crusaders. SUTA is for members only, earned through sweat and tears. Only members and alumni have earned the right to use that term and should be the only ones saying it.

Please see my signature......

• Like 1

On mobile. Can't.

Nevermind....I was being vitriolic!