Cavies/Scouts-Time for a change?

I have no idea where YOU are going with this. Most of the time I think that even you don't where you are going with your comments on here. ( lol!). but again, take my tip to avoid topics that make you agitated, or seem " stale ", or are uninteresting, or a " trainwreck " to you, or whatever, and then I believe you feel much better for yourself with that.

No thanks, dont need your advice. ive done just fine without it. Awwww where would we be then brasso if i avoided stale and uninteresting....lol...jk..hmmm

But appreciate the offer

now can we move on /....lol

please lets move on before there pages and pages totally off topic. a post or two is fine , everyone does it but pages of it noone really wants.

Movin on time

Edited by GUARDLING

No thanks, dont need your advice. ive done just fine without it. Awwww where would we be then brasso if i avoided stale and uninteresting....lol...jk..hmmm

But appreciate the offer

now can we move on /....lol

please lets move on before there pages and pages totally off topic. a post or two is fine , everyone does it but pages of it noone really wants.

Movin on time

Yup.

• Like 1

Who...Cares...

Why are you so against two corps sticking to their identities?

Not only that, the "I'm going to emphatically complain about stuff I have no possible chance of participating in" mentality of "complain on and on for the sake of complaining" is either amusing or pathetic, depending on your perspective. Cavaliers and Madison Scouts are private organizations that have their own sets of rules, culture, tradition, etc. I would think if they thought competitive edge was more important than organization identity they would've changed a long time ago; clearly that's not the case.

Not only that, the "I'm going to emphatically complain about stuff I have no possible chance of participating in" mentality of "complain on and on for the sake of complaining" is either amusing or pathetic, .

Then stop your complaining, about others alleged " complaining ". From my reading of the commentary of the observations and comments on this thread, I have not encountered a single " complaint " from anyone that the Cavs, Scouts have chosen to remain All Male Corps for themselves. So this " complaint " of yours about what appears to be non existent fan " complaints " about the Cavs. Scouts seems counterproductive and not helpful at all to your quest to limit... " complaints " of your fellow Drum Corps fans. Just chill with your complaints about other fans. That would be a good start to elevate the civil discourse levels here.. that up to now on this thread has been quite civil on the whole, imo..

Edited by BRASSO

Probably not. However, drum corps would have a void without the Cavies and Scouts. There's only 1 corps that finiishes at the top of each year. Yet, there are any number of shows and corps that entertain us. Both of these corps continue to deliver a quality product. If they don't think they need to change, then that should be their perogative. They field 150 members like all of the top corps do. Obviously it works for them.

No real comment to make, but take a look at the duo who both "Liked" this post! A first????? :flower:

It's only "exclusionary" if there is not a fair replacement for those two corps, which we all know there are. And in recent competitive years better options. So I don't buy that argument. As for the fact that they're all male not leading to competitive success in the future I don't buy that either. The only thing that has affected Cavaliers the last 3 years is upheaval in the staff (aside from percussion). When you have that much movement after losing the team that was together for so long there is going to be a change. Part of the reason BD is so successful is they have had the same basic design/creative team for 20 some odd years. Cavaliers AND Scouts have been successful in every decade they have existed and that won't change just because they don't have females (in the corps, many female volunteers run that corps spectacularly well).

and the even years too. :augen51:

• Like 2

and the even years too. :augen51:

its not odd that you pick up on this too ( lol!)

• Like 2

Getting better talent by opening it up to women may coast them better talent of some men

The exact opposite is true. I've had both experiences and, in reality, having no females around was the best thing ever! Twice as many showers, twice as many bathrooms, and half as much drama. Besides, we still had all the girls we wanted and more after shows. You could have 2-3 gf's in other corps and not have to worry about the fallout. It was awesome! If all the guys out there realized how great it was, Cavies and Scouts would be top 2-3 every year.

Carmen was MUCH more than a prop!

Not much more, considering she was largely kept away from the corps proper.

Interesting and sad if true.

Don't listen to the trolls. She was a one-time deal and wouldn't be considered a member because she had no possibility of continuing. Also, she DID receive a jacket, just not a green one. Green jackets are only available to full members. She was not one. She would come out for visual rehearsal and run through only.