A Pseudo-intellectual on the K-Pop break

To each their own, I tend to tune it out when I hear it. That description was some else's, I borrowed it. I view it as a rhythmic interlude druing an otherwise awesome musical program.

Idk I just kind of question some people's ears on here. They're saying "nan niga joha niga joha niga joha neomu joha"

Which translates to "I like you, like you, like you, really like you"

Idk I just kind of question some people's ears on here. They're saying "nan niga joha niga joha niga joha neomu joha"

As I said, I tend to tune it out when it happens. I understand why it's there, and I (briefly) looked at the vid before the season started. Not my cup of tea, and my original post was just making the point that it's an intro to a drum break and nothing more.

I just wish they would have used something by BTS

I winced when Madison discoed in the 70’s, my mouth was agape when I saw Cavies hit rock bottom with their 15 Minutes of Fame dance but now that Blue Devils coped it, sure it’s awesome, they are so deep, so arty, real design pioneers

Here's the Cadets working on their innovative new closer - it goes in for Atlanta

https://youtu.be/qH_wz1DF4gg

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

I just wish they would have used something by BTS

I winced when Madison discoed in the 70s, my mouth was agape when I saw Cavies hit rock bottom with their 15 Minutes of Fame dance but now that Blue Devils coped it, sure its awesome, they are so deep, so arty, real design pioneers

Here's the Cadets working on their innovative new closer - it goes in for Atlanta

https://youtu.be/qH_wz1DF4gg

What? The dance in Cavies 2012 was the only good part of that show.

It was better designed than K-pop but not really my thing as I’ve Never been a fan of Drill Teams, maybe some pom-poms would add to Blue Devils visuals? I think I’m still suppressing something from 27 like that…

to each their own

The K-pop section seems no different than the Bjork-speak the Cadets used in 2005.

Well, it is different in that it was a live voice for Cadets.

Pretty sure most DCP members don't speak Korean, and thus can be excused for not being able to make out the words (not to mention being unable to translate it).

Mondegreens happen all the time for English-speaking listeners hearing English lyrics, after all. I'm one of many people who thought they heard England Dan & John Ford Coley sing "I'm not talkin' 'bout the linen" or Taylor Swift sing "Calling lonely Starbucks lovers".

Even seeing the lyrics you've helpfully provided while listening to the clip, I still hear "Niga" as "Nina".

Pretty sure most DCP members don't speak Korean, and thus can be excused for not being able to make out the words (not to mention being unable to translate it).

Mondegreens happen all the time for English-speaking listeners hearing English lyrics, after all. I'm one of many people who thought they heard England Dan & John Ford Coley sing "I'm not talkin' 'bout the linen" or Taylor Swift sing "Calling lonely Starbucks lovers".

Even seeing the lyrics you've helpfully provided while listening to the clip, I still hear "Niga" as "Nina".

I don't speak or understand Korean. I simply did a Google search to show him what the actual lyrics are (though I was pretty darn close on the actual pronunciations of everything).

It just astounds me that something THAT FAR OFF could sound like "I want a donut" or something like that.

"Nan niga joha" = "I want a donut"

Let that sink in a little.

????????????

Edited by Cappybara

Well, it is different in that it was a live voice for Cadets.

True, but it's the same effect.

I don't speak or understand Korean. I simply did a Google search to show him what the actual lyrics are (though I was pretty darn close on the actual pronunciations of everything).

It just astounds me that something THAT FAR OFF could sound like "I want a donut" or something like that.

"Nan niga joha" = "I want a donut"

Let that sink in a little.

????????????

That's just your inner Homer Simpson chiming in.