Hypothetical Cadets Uniform Question

Have judges ever told the Cadets "you'd be scoring higher were it not for your uniform"? To me, that's the only reason to make a change after 80 years. They're in first right now - will the uniform change help keep them there?

Also, this uniform rumor (which is also spreading through the corps) seems similar to Hopkins's history of adding a bunch (perhaps too much) stuff at the end of the season. I hope this isn't an overreaction to "we need to do something more."

As has already been stated, IF they do it, it's because it has always been part of the plan since they started putting the show together in the off-season. If you've already made the plans and spent the money (most likely before the season even began), you better believe they're going to follow through with it.

• Like 1

I spy DeMoulin boxes on Hop's facebook!

"Well - not this weekend ,

Soon but the transformation is yet to come . Go Cadets !!!"

Here is said picture

11755872_10153051125126911_4055283396020

Only 2 choices ? One or the other ?

From my point of view, it is that simple. But as I stated, I've never had the honor of putting the uniform on, so it's just this one person's silly opinion.

But no more silly than suggesting the Cadet's shouldn't be allowed to change it up because of scores/placements/competitive history. I find the "if it ain't broke" argument humorous, especially considering the activity wouldn't be where it's currently at if the Cadets had taken that approach to show design back in the 80s.

• Like 1

Alright, now he's just ****ing with us.

LOL. That's part of what makes the whole thing so fun to me. At this point, I couldn't care less if they make the uniform change or not. The speculation, the hints, the fact that they're playing along. This has been a very fun summer to follow the Cadets.

• Like 3

Thoughts on cream jackets with lime green drop sash and such to counter the black guard unis.

I don't know how they could pay for those and still stay in the BLACK.

• Like 1

quoted from the Cadets' thread:

Have you heard the latest conspiracy theory going around...?

GH with new black uniforms will complete his masterplan of turning Holy Name into the New Crossmen just like the corps he marched.

Evidence "they" observe:

-first moves corps from Garfield, NJ to his beloved PA.

-moves all winter camps from Northern NJ to Greater Philadelphia

-takes over Crossmen into YEA until it needs to be sold to Texas in order to survive.

-moves traditional Northern NJ big shows to West Chester, PA, then Chester, PA.

-has to settle for C2 playing Russian Christmas Music.

-relaxes rules on short hair and allows facial hair

-hints that he is replacing traditional maroon cadet-style with a black uni, same color he wore in Crossmen snare line..

Some may think this all a stretch, but do those DeMoulin boxes have Aussies or capes?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1