Finally.....no one can cry SLOTTING!

yes, but then Brasso's theories of how DCI should be like the NCAA....the most screwed up organization not called Congress.....are shot to hell.

My, you sure are out today with a hugely large and broad brush to paint today there Jeff. I did not say that " DCI should be like the NCAA" in ALL things. But nice try.

Put that inappropriate broad brush down. You're getting paint all over your hardwood floors with it.

We still have no idea of what Jeff Ream's personal definition of " slotting " even is.

There are lots of definitions that people use for the phrase.. some benign, some conspiratorial, some that fall into all sorts of other categories that people use with their own personal definition of the term " slotting ".

For example, is DCI involved in slotting of Corps ? Absolutely. No question about it. Its undeniable. They do it all the time.

. DCI is involved in slotting when they slot the Corps into performance positions at Regionals, based upon previous placements at shows. Is this slotting malicious or benign ?. You tell me. I'd say its benign. My guess however, the OP ( Jeff Ream) here is not interested in the discussion of the benign levels of slotting. My guess, he's interested in some other definitions of slotting. But until he tells us what the definition of slotting he is using among the several quite different definitions that can be found out there, its pretty silly to discuss whether" slotting "is in existence, is taking place, or is the figment of one's imagination.

Edited by BRASSO

it's between Congress and the NCAA

As malfunctional, the WH, Congress, NCAA are, all 3 on occasion ( rare as that may be ) come up with sensible, reasonable policies from time to time. Heck, even the Italians praised their hated leader Benito Mussolini for getting the trains to run on time.

My, you sure are out today with a hugely large and broad brush to paint today there Jeff. I did not say that " DCI should be like the NCAA" in ALL things. But nice try.

Put that inappropriate broad brush down. You're getting paint all over your hardwood floors with it.

if the brush fits, you paint with it.

actually, I pay people to paint for me.

• Like 1

We still have no idea of what Jeff Ream's personal definition of " slotting " even is.

There are lots of definitions that people use for the phrase.. some benign, some conspiratorial, some that fall into all sorts of other categories that people use with their own personal definition of the term " slotting ".

For example, is DCI involved in slotting of Corps ? Absolutely. No question about it. Its undeniable. They do it all the time.

. DCI is involved in slotting when they slot the Corps into performance positions at Regionals, based upon previous placements at shows. Is this slotting malicious or benign ?. You tell me. I'd say its benign. My guess however, the OP ( Jeff Ream) here is not interested in the discussion of the benign levels of slotting. My guess, he's interested in some other definitions of slotting. But until he tells us what the definition of slotting he is using among the several quite different definitions that can be found out there, its pretty silly to discuss whether" slotting "is in existence, is taking place, or is the figment of one's imagination.

or he just lets you ramble and take things way off topic like you tried to do already in this thread.

• Like 1

That's right folks, we can't claim slotting. The top keeps shifting, numbers tightening up in the lower rankings that could set up some shifting....

for too many years after Atlanta we heard the cries of "it's slotted now, no one is moving."

Not this year. Even if numbers management drives me crazy and i occasionally question what someone was looking at/listening to, we see the judges judging their sheet, and not basing it off of performance order or name. Just because you win one sub box doesnt mean you win both.

We have legit, heading into Allentown, the season with the most question marks up and down the lineup.

Man these last two weeks will be fun!!!

3kGtssJ.png

• Like 1

NO ONE SLOTS CORPS

CORPS SLOT THEMSELVES! No matter how you want to look at it.

:bigsmile:

As long as there is competition there will always be this sort of thing by reasons some have mentioned already .

You are simply flat out wrong to state that ( your words ) " no one slots Corps ". For just one example, Show sponsors slot Corps all the time. Sometimes, they choose for the slot of going on last, the Corps that is closest to their home show. Such slotting oftentimes has nothing at all to do with previous placement scores, and furthermore, the Corps itself defers to the show sponsors request they go on last. As such, it is not unusual at all to see higher performing placing corps having no choice in the matter at all but to go on before the lower placing Corps does. As such, such Corps have no say in the slotting at all for themselves for their earlier performance slot position for these shows. The fact that you've use italics to scream to the rooftops that "Corps themselves determine slotting"( in just one example such as this ), only means that you are screaming to the rooftops, with verifiably wrong information ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

You are simply flat out wrong to state that ( your words ) " no one slots Corps ". For just one example, Show sponsors slot Corps all the time. Sometimes, they choose for the slot of going on last, the Corps that is closest to their home show. Such slotting oftentimes has nothing at all to do with previous placement scores, and furthermore, the Corps itself defers to the show sponsors request they go on last. As such, it is not unusual at all to see higher performing placing corps having no choice in the matter at all but to go on before the lower placing Corps does. As such, such Corps have no say in the slotting at all for themselves for their earlier performance slot position for these shows. The fact that you've use italics to scream to the rooftops that "Corps themselves determine slotting"( in just one example such as this ), only means that you are screaming to the rooftops, with verifiably wrong information ( lol!)

You're defining performance order as slotting?

Can you give me an example of negative/nefarious slotting?

Edited by c mor
  • Like 1